Xavier Is Looking To Hire!! Don't Miss Out To Apply!!
Xavier Is Looking To Hire!! Don't Miss Out To Apply!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Programme Officer (Nairobi)
Xavier Project is an international NGO working Kenya and Uganda. We aim to provide opportunities to refugees living in urban areas in Kenya and Uganda who are otherwise excluded from the means to live a fulfilled and dignified existence so that they will be able to take back control of their lives and make a positive change
Xavier Project is looking to recruit for the position of Programme Officer in our Kenya office. Corona Virus pandemic has had adverse impact on the education of millions of children across the world. While schools remain closed, learning cannot be suspended without profound consequences on the children’s psychosocial wellbeing and continuity of learning when schools resume. Alternative approaches must therefore be adopted to not only keep children engaged but to offer them Mental Health and Psychosocial Support during this challenging times.
During this season, Xavier Project is offering innovative, adaptive and robust education opportunities to refugee children in Kenya’s urban areas. These education interventions will not only ensure sustained learning during the school break but also seamless transition when schools re-open among the targeted groups. Furthermore, Xavier Project in consultation with other key education actors such as the Ministry of Education, the Kenya Education in Emergencies Working Group (EiE) and the Education Development Partners Coordination Group (EDPCG) will work with School Heads and Boards of Management to achieve post- COVID safe-back-to school.
Full Job Description
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent , Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Advanced understanding and experience working in the education sector.
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills including for proposals and reports particularly in English
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work sensitively with refugee population or demonstrated experience working with marginalised communities
- Ability to work effectively with other people both as an individual and as a member of a group
- Experience or ability to work with people from various background
- Excellent administration and organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Experience in managing budgets
- Willing to travel within Kenya