Warehouse Supervisor (nairobi) At Maersk Line
Warehouse Supervisor (nairobi) At Maersk Line 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world
Reporting to the Area Warehouse & Distribution Manager, the Warehousing & Distribution Supervisor requires strong planning, coordination and leadership qualities to drive operational management of a Warehouse and Distribution site at Maersk. Operational management supporting and enabling the Maersk W&D product families and value proposition to our clients being either stand alone or part of a global supply chain solution. Collaboration with all Area functions, Liner Operations Area, Region, Centre to ensure profitable top line growth, lowest costs and high service levels to enable a quality customer experience.
An opportunity to drive profitable W&D execution, growth and high service levels in the strategic L&S portfolio of products within Maersk.
- P&L responsible for the site. Covering all products and clients offered at this site
- Cost management of the site linked to the defined pricing
- ABC costing framework set-up and execution
- Customization and localization of the products within the framework
- Running pilots on innovation and driving implementation
- Facilitate the execution training linked to products, solutions and clients
- W&D footprint
- Manage the operations of the location
- Manage site subcontractors needs and usage for W&D services
- Respect compliance and the adherence of the global compliance framework
- Processes and systems
- Site execution of processes
- System usage and compliance to defined systems, processes and IT usage
We are looking for
- Strong commercial, business development and financial acumen.
- Extensive W&D experience as well as operational knowledge of W&D
- People and talent development experience
- Collaboration and influencing skills
- Good understanding of W&D risks to be managed in an African context.
- Understanding of local cultures
- Good communicator and excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to influence without direct authority across a wide geography and several functions.
- Energy and passion with ability to drive performance.