Vacancies At African Development Solutions (adeso)
Vacancies At African Development Solutions (adeso) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Adeso is a humanitarian and development organization that is changing the way people think about and deliver aid in Africa.
The Finance Assistant will report to the Senior Finance Officer. S/he will support the Finance Team by assessing, monitoring and addressing the status of internal controls and all compliance aspects in Adeso. S/he will be responsible for supporting all the primary financial and accounting functions in the Kenya office and ensuring financial transactions and records are undertaken and maintained in accordance with internal and external financial requirements.
The purpose of this role is to work alongside the Finance Team and in close co-operation with the Operations and Human Resources Departments to minimize operational risks in relation Adeso operations.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capturing financial data into the financial system by following the relevant Adeso and donor regulations.
- Preparing payment requisitions and relevant documents and processing payment.
- Maintaining payable schedules and records of all invoices received from vendors and service providers.
- Ensuring timely payments of monthly bills and utilities to vendors, suppliers and service providers.
- Managing schedules and files for statutory deductions.
- Preparing statutory payments such as withholding tax, withholding V.A.T, HELB, NSSF, NHIF, NITA and ensuring compliance with the regulatory bodies.
- Ensuring regular monitoring of the bank account(s).
- Preparing bank reconciliations and follow up on any outstanding items.
- Undertaking a monthly cash verification procedure to ensure proper use of the imprest.
- Maintaining an updated filing system and ensuring posting of all transactions.
- Maintain a monthly creditor aged analysis.
- Maintaining proper and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial documents and reports.
- Preparing monthly reconciliations of balance sheet items with all necessary supporting documentation (invoice/vendor statements, bank statement and staff travel and other advances).
- Support in audits
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably or exceptionally be required to ensure the smooth operation of the Finance Department and the Organization.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Studies from a reputable university.
- A professional seeking accountancy qualification, such as CPA or ACCA
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in a reputable firm or company, relevant work experience in an NGO will be added advantage
- Computer literate especially in using Ms Excel and working experience with NAVISION (SERENIC) accounting package.
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations requirements.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated ability to work a team setting.
- Initiative and independent judgement is required by the incumbent in determining what needs to be done and the best working methods.
- The incumbent should be versatile and flexible so as to quickly adapt to changing situations.
Increase your chances of landing this job and be among the shortlisted by requesting for free CV review HERE