Un Volunteers Is Interested In You!!
Un Volunteers Is Interested In You!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Host Entity- UNITAR
Duty Station- Kigali (RWA)
Language Skills- English,Kinyarwanda,French
Start Date- Immediate
Duration- 3 months with possibility of extension
Application Deadline- 07 October 2020
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
The purpose of this assignment is to support the development of medical supply chains for NCDs in Rwanda. Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Defeat-NCD Partnership Programme Coordinator for Rwanda, the Medical Supply Chain Expert will carry out the following tasks:
- Lead on strengthening of country capacity to manage the medical supply chain e.g. demand and supply planning, management of medicines, supplies and diagnostics;
- Lead support to the NCD unit to address supply chain challenges related to access, storage, and re-distribution of NCD drugs, supplies and diagnostics;
- Lead on advice to government procurement teams on ways to minimize supply chain costs, maximize supply chain efficiencies, conform to product quality standards, and establish inventory flows that are responsive to the needs of health facilities;
- Lead on support to government procurement teams to review and develop procurement systems, policies and practices which promote cost minimization, timely availability of NCD drugs and supplies, and compliance to good procurement practices;
- Lead on developing improvements to logistics data and information flow, reporting into HMIS and routine triangulation with service data to improve overall accountability and use of quality data for forecasting decisions;
- Lead on development of best practices manual on healthcare supply chain management and development of appropriate training for building staff capacities on these standards;
- Identify key medical, pharmaceutical suppliers, stakeholders in Rwanda providing access to NCD supplies;
- Conduct Market sizing and price tracking studies including in partnership with pharmaceutical companies, chambers of industry, national research bodies and other procurement bodies in public and private space;
- Provide knowledge based advisory on pooled procurement based on price and quality comparison;
- Make and promote an evidence-based case for access to UN mandated procurement facilities to the extent this leads to reduced cost and enhanced quality;
- Identify barriers to universal access for NCD drugs and diagnostics in country and suggest policy interventions to overcome these barriers;
- Lead on identification of alternatives to reduce out of pocket expenditures on NCD care, including by developing models for private and public health insurance schemes;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are encouraged to integrate the UN Volunteers programme mandate within their assignment and promote voluntary action through engagement with communities in the course of their work. As such, UN Volunteers should dedicate a part of their working time to some of the following suggested activities:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Provide annual and end of assignment self-reports on UN Volunteer actions, results and opportunities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Master of Business Administration, commerce graduate, or other graduate with experience in handling supply chain/ procurement within the private, public, or development sectors.
Required experience: 60 Months
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience managing supply chain, logistics and marketing in either large pharmaceutical companies, non-governmental organizations, or government;
- Experience in developing logistic systems and ability to assess logistics information system needs and their integration in the facility-based distribution;
- Relevant work experience in at least three of the following areas: managing medical supply chains, government supply chain, marketing and distribution, public procurement, quality control and demand forecasting;
- Excellent oral and written skills;
- Excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Accuracy and professionalism in document production and editing;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; culturally and socially sensitive; ability to work inclusively and collaboratively with a range of partners, including grassroots community members, religious and youth organizations, and authorities at different levels; familiarity with tools and approaches of communications for development;
- Ability to work and adapt professionally and effectively in a challenging environment; ability to work effectively in a multicultural team of international and national personnel;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision; ability to work with tight deadlines;
- Desirable: valid national driver’s license and proven ability to drive manual gear 4×4 over rough terrain;
- Sound security awareness;
- Have affinity with or interest in public health, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Kinyarwanda(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Other finance, economics and administration related experience, Macroeconomics and public finance
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
Vacancies in Healthcare & PharmaceuticalView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.