Ui/ux Designer/ Developer At Nation Media Group Plc
Ui/ux Designer/ Developer At Nation Media Group Plc 1 PositionNation Media Group PLC
The Nation Media Group is the largest independent media house in East and Central Africa with operations in print, broadcast and digital media, which attract and serve unparalleled audiences in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda. As a brand, we are committed to generating and creating content that will inform, educate and entertain our consumers across the different platforms, keeping in mind the changing needs and trends in the industry.
Nation Media Group, the leading Multi Media house in East and Central Africa is searching for a suitably qualified candidate for the position of UI/UX Designer/ Developer in the Group IT Department. We invite candidates who are innovative, performance driven and possess excellent transferrable skills with good track record of achievement in past roles.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product teams and developers;
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps;
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look like;
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables);
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders;
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness);
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback;
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors and images;
- Understand the limitations of our tech stack and business model and provide technical advice wherever necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a Design related course from a recognized institution;
- 3+ years’ experience as a front-end developer;
- 2+ years’ experience as a UI/UX designer;
- Expert knowledge of CSS, CSS extension languages (Less, Sass), and CSS preprocessor tools;
- Expert knowledge of HTML5 and its best practices;
- Expert knowledge of Grid frameworks and responsive design;
- Proficiency in designing interfaces and building clickable prototypes using Sketch/Adobe XD;
- Proficiency using Git version control;
- Proficiency using the command line;
- Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organization;
- Ability to write complex reports; and
- Analytical skills.