Top Jobs At Moko Furniture
Top Jobs At Moko Furniture 1 PositionMoko Home + Living
Head of People
- At Moko Furniture, we serve Africa’s rising class as they create homes that reflect their aspirations and desires. By developing original products and serving our customers in novel ways, we deliver unmatched value and a superior experience.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Head of People and Smiles works with the company’s senior leaders to make our motto “create a new, smiley world” come alive in our teams. You will have a passion to understand deeply what moves people to strive for infinity. You will work on creating a seamless and happy journey for the Moko-ers from start to finish: from hiring and onboarding to growth coaching and training to help every Moko-er become the hero they wish to become. This role is ideal for a leader who is able to design and implement policies that can make abstract values alive and tangible across big teams. You will also be a strategic person who has a clear vision of how the People team can be effective to support the rapid growth of our organization.
THE ROLE IN BRIEF
Support the CEO in the implementation of the Moko INSPIRE principles across the company
- Translate the INSPIRE (Infinity, No-NonSense, Supportive, Passion, Initiative. Real, Enthusiasm) culture principles into concrete practices and rituals so that they become simple enough to be acted upon by everyone
- Ideate, implement and run surveys or other data collection systems to keep a pulse of teams’ engagement and culture implementation
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to draw insights to share with teams’ heads. Define key strategic initiatives to drive up our “Smiles Score” i.e. our engagement and happiness staff score.
Lead the hiring and onboarding of new Moko-ers as we scale to infinity
- Support each team’s Head to define clear job descriptions and hiring needs at the beginning of each quarter to be able to always be a step-ahead our growth
- Coordinate with the Brand Team to share with the world the Moko experience in a clear, compelling and smiley way
- Manage a team that can find the right candidates and offer a wow experience throughout the interview process
- Design, implement and optimize for scale an onboarding process that conveys our culture and philosophy. Leverage the onboarding process to help every new Moko-er to find their passion and understand how they can make an impact.
Lead the development and implementation of professional growth and training opportunities
- Lead the design and implementation of different chapters of Moko Infinity Academy – a training program for each Moko-er to grow their skill-set.
- Work with the Chief of Staff team to iterate on a performance management system that is clear and fair for all the teams in the company.
- Support teams’ Heads to run performance reviews and coaching sessions with the right frequency and following best practices so that every Moko-er in every team feels they are on the growth path they wish to be
- Ensure that every Moko-er at any time is able to define and know what success looks like every day for them
Create a caring HR function
- Optimize HR practices and systems that can work efficiently as we scale
- Make strategic decisions about a benefits package that is financially sustainable and in line with our culture principles
- Create an environment where every Moko-er feels at any time that they can be heard, trusted and supported
ARE YOU OUR DREAM CANDIDATE?
- You have an outstanding emotional intelligence and excel at understanding people deeply and how to best support them to overcome challenges.
- You have a calling and talent to inspire the fire and passion of others to work together as a team and bring a central idea to life
- You have experience in an HR or People role in managing a large team (100+)
- You are a strong strategic planner, translating the company’s goals and values into measurable and/or tangible outcomes that guide our teams to success.
- You are a strong critical thinker and problem solver, using a sharp understanding of the bigger picture to effectively overcome hurdles.
- You are an adaptable professional who has drawn energy from working in an environment of rapid growth and change.