Top Jobs At East Africa Packaging Industries (eapi)
Top Jobs At East Africa Packaging Industries (eapi) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Projects & Maintenance Planning Engineer
EAPI (East Africa Packaging Industries) is the hub for East Africa operations of Canadian Overseas Packaging which manufactures corrugated cartons.
The ideal candidate will work with the production department to ensure an effective maintenance operation. He/she will be responsible for maintaining the plant parts system to minimize production downtime and maintenance schedule.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Projects Management (planning-manpower, tasks, …, follow-up)Plan and execute technical projects in a timely and cost effective manner
- Prepare CAPEX documents, with justifications as per company policies
- Prepare bill of quantities, work plans and project time schedules
- Manage contracted jobs, including training, safety and costs.
- Prepare drawings, manuals and other documents to assist contractor and maintenance repairs or modifications.
- Maintenance planning Prepare work plans for every planned maintenance activities inclusive of repetitive maintenance.
- Order and supervise required material to assist maintenance activities.
- Plan and arrange activities related with equipment maintenance to enhance equipment and plant accessibility and competence supporting site production supplies.
- Coordinate daily as well as weekly planning meetings related with maintenance.
- Submit engineering drawings for any further required revisions or upgrades.
- Coordinate plant shutdowns to attain all essential schedules.
- Execute modification in maintenance records on all equipment with significant spares and maintain a proper reorder levels.
- Provide assistance for least amount production downtime.
- Support department’s compliance to any Lean Manufacturing goals and objectives, and compliance with ISO standards
- Provide assistance to engineering for spare parts preparation and PM Lists for new equipment.
- Provide technical assistance for supporting entire on-site maintenance activities.
- Support proactively all EH&S procedures and policies.
- CRM (Update Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) tasks on ABACA)
- Perform predictive maintenance on factory equipment i.e. condition monitoring through but not limited to vibration analysis, thermal imaging, temperature checks & oil analysis
- Provide technical support to procurement department to ensure responsible sourcing of mechanical & electrical spares
- Any other departmental tasks assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from a recognized institution, graduated with Upper Second Class Honors and above
- 3 years + proven experience in a busy manufacturing facility.
- Registered as a graduate Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya
- Self-motivated with a results-driven approach
- Great diagnostic & problem-solving skills
- Experience in dealing with electrical systems, drives, and other electrical equipment
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Must be conversant with AutoCAD and MS Project or any other project management software
Increase your chances of landing this job and be among the shortlisted by requesting for free CV review HERE