Top It Jobs At Genesis Analytics
Top It Jobs At Genesis Analytics 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Country Tech Strategy Consultant
Our purpose is to unlock value in Africa. We use our analytical capabilities to improve decision-making and, through better decisions, to unlock substantial value for our clients and society. While we are the largest economics-based consulting firm in Africa, we use a large number of techniques and approaches to achieve clarity for decision-makers.
Our clients include all levels of government, regulators, banks, development finance institutions, law firms, development agencies, foundations, as well as regional and international organisations.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a management consulting background who is passionate about the digital economy to join our team.
Genesis Analytics provides a broad range of strategy and development consulting, but there are three things that make us distinct from other consultancies:
- A global African. We are an African firm with deep roots in the continent, yet we are globally active and competitive. Genesis has worked in 84 countries globally, including 42 of Africa’s 54 countries.
- The triangle of three forces. We have dedicated our work over the next decade to the three forces that we believe are reshaping our continent: the demographic transition, climate change, and technology innovation. How we respond to these forces will determine our prospects as a region. Genesis helps countries, firms and organisations shape and deliver smart responses.
- A focus on solutions. Given our purpose of unlocking value in Africa, we provide solutions rather than smart answers. We combine cross-sectoral and interdisciplinary expertise with rigorous analysis and a deep contextual understanding of the African continent. This allows us to deliver bespoke solutions to complex problems.
The Centre of Digital Excellence (C0DE) at Genesis is focused on technology innovation and the opportunities it provides for drastically improving the development potential of African nations. This work is aimed at supporting developing economies to forge new tech-enabled pathways to inclusive growth:
- We co-create national and sector tech strategies for harnessing digital and emerging technologies and work with governments and their social partners to implement them
- We work with a range of partners to develop digital tools and solutions that enable opportunities for improving job creation, government service delivery and human capital development
- We work with international development agencies, public sector organisations and digital businesses to identify forward-looking tech policy and regulations that enable the scaling of digital business models and protect individuals from potential risks.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a management consulting background who is passionate about the digital economy to join our C0DE team. You will design and execute assignments focused on digital economy development for our government, donor and corporate clients. You will manage small teams of Genesis staff and be the primary point of contact for clients.
The successful candidate must have a background in management consulting with an understanding of how to scope, execute and manage consulting assignments. They will also have experience in digital economy development – tech policy and regulation, digital skills development, digital infrastructure and inclusion, digital platforms, digitally traded services, tech solutions, etc. The candidate can be located anywhere (locations in a UTC -2 to UTC +4 time zone preferable) but must be willing to travel for assignments and spend some time at the Genesis head office in Johannesburg.
Some of the assignments we are currently involved in or have coming up include:
- Formulating an ICT and Digital Economy Masterplan for South Africa in conjunction with government, private sector and labour
- Providing technical assistance to the Presidential Taskforce on the Fourth Industrial Revolution in Uganda to develop a national 4IR strategy
- Designing an African Tech Policy Network to fill the gap of evidence-based research and advocacy on good tech policymaking for a private foundation
- Assisting the Presidency in South Africa to design and implement the digital elements of a COVID-19 economic stimulus plan
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL COMPETENCIES:
- 4-8 years of management consulting experience essential
- At least two years of experience in digital economy development
- Experience in development of national and sector economic strategies beneficial
- Master’s degree in Economics or related discipline
- Ability to travel
- Project management abilities
- Strong problem solver and critical thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and manage small teams