The Council Of Governors (cog) Is Looking For Driver. Apply!!
The Council Of Governors (cog) Is Looking For Driver. Apply!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Driver at The Council of Governors (CoG)
The Council of Governors is composed of the Governors of the forty-seven counties and its main functions are the promotion of visionary leadership; sharing of best practices and; offer a collective voice on policy issues; promote inter – county consultations; encourage and initiate information sharing on the performance of County Governments with regard to the execution of their functions; collective consultation on matters of interest to County Governments.
Scope of Assignment
The assignment shall entail:
- Driving the assigned vehicle as authorized.
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical tyre pressure as well as brake systems among others.
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of the vehicle systems.
- Ensuring the security and safety of the vehicle on and off the road.
- Maintenance of Work Ticket(s) for Vehicle(s) assigned.
- Overseeing safety of the passenger and /or goods therein.
- Maintaining Cleanliness of the vehicle(s).
- Performing any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Reporting and Supervision
The officer will report to the Head of Administration.
Duration of the assignment
The Contract duration is 3 years renewable annually depending on the performance and availability of resources.
Required Training and Qualifications
- Have a Kenya Certificate of Mean grade D Plus or its equivalent.
- Have at least 4 years of active driving experience.
- Have a valid driving license preferably the current Digital, free from any current endorsement and valid for any of the classes of the vehicle which the officer is required to drive.
- Have adequate knowledge of the Highway Code.
- Has passed the Suitability test for Drivers Grade II from State Department of Public works.
- Have a certificate of Good Conduct.
- Have a First Aid Certificate from recognized institution.
- Knowledge in Computer applications.
- Have excellent interpersonal, presentation and Communication skills.
- Be fluent in both English and Kiswahili.
- Meet requirements of Chapter 6 of the Kenya Constitution, and
- Be a citizen of Kenya.
- Women are encouraged to apply.
Do you want to increase your chances of landing this job? Request for CV editing today!