Technical Works Group Leader Required At British High Commission.
Technical Works Group Leader Required At British High Commission. 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality, and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organizational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category – Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory – Estates
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
To lead all Technical teams and control their Works and ensure all the work done at the office and FCDO properties comply with British standard.
Roles and responsibilities
The TWGL will be supervised by the Estate Manager B3 (L)
The main duties will include:
- Supervise workers and contractors to ensure that their works are up to UK standards, work/services are delivered according to maintainability and Compatibility according to Health and Safety standards
- To coach and mentor other technical staff (electrician, plumber, general technicians) and ensure they carry out work as per Corporate Services Level Agreement
- To liaise with the Estates Manager & store manager on material required for technical works.
- Drafting the specifications of required materials, techniques and methods to be used by technicians and contractors in technical works.
- Drafting Technical Specifications for Overhaul works and other Civil works
- To prepare, submit, monitor Technical works Key Performance Indicators and ensure feedback from Customer are collected after each work has been completed
- Communicate to customers on progress of works being done in their properties
- Filling Estates related documents (Inspection reports, health and safety documents, Property Compliance Assessment etc)
- Work closely with the Estate Manager to ensure the annual preventive plan is instigated as per Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) policy and guidance
- To carry out any other tasks or instructions assigned by the line manager.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- Lead 2XS1 Technicians and 2 X S1 General Technicians (TWG)
- Supervision of Different contractors
Essential qualifications, skills, and experience
- At least 3 years previous technical supervisory experience.
- Having an advanced experience in Civil Engineering Works
- Having at least a Diploma in Construction or equivalent
- Technical Craftsmanship Certificate
- Having an experience or knowledge in general property maintenance
- A current valid driving licence
- Very good spoken Kinyarwanda and fluency in verbal and written English Language
- Basic computer literacy including good Microsoft office skills.
- Presentation skills.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Knowledge of Structural Analysis, Building Planning and Drawing
- Knowledge of metal Works, masonry and carpentry works ethics, Concrete Technology and Geology
- Knowledge of use AutoCAD and Archi-Card and other related Technology
- Knowledge of Leadership, Affinity diagrams, Time Management and Engineering Management
- Knowledge of leading other Technical Works such as Electrical, Plumbing, White goods etc
Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Delivering at Pace
- Application deadline- 27 November 2020
- Grade- A2 (L)
- Type of Position- Permanent
- Region- Africa
- Country/Territory- Rwanda
- Location (City)- Kigali
- Type of Post- British High Commission
- Starting monthly salary ()- RWF 829,620
- Start Date- 4 January 2021
Other benefits and conditions of employment
Learning and development opportunities :
There is ample opportunity to develop with FCDO/Civil Service courses that offer world-class training in corporate service provision. We have a generous training budget and we encourage staff to identify training to improve their performance and aid their career progression, in consultation with their line-manager. Online courses are encouraged.
From 08.00 to 17.00 Monday to Thursday; 0800-1200 Friday; out of hours emergency response as necessary.
Due to COVID-19 circumstances, staff may be required to work from home for a certain amount of time.
Any other information:
The British High Commission Kigali is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission Kigali are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to Rwandan employment law.
Medical Assurance: 100% Regional cover for staff and dependents
BHC pays 8.6% of staff statutory pension
Staff are entitled to 25 leave days per year
Paternity leave: 10 days
Maternity leave: 3 months fully paid
- Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
- Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
- The British High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
Employees recruited locally by the British High Commission in Kigali are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Rwanda.
- All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
- The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to;
Obtain the relevant permit
-Pay fees for the permit
-Make arrangements to relocate
-Meet the costs to relocation
The British High Commission do not sponsor visas/work permits except where it may be local practice to do so.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount.
Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework Please note: EO=B3
Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted on successful candidates.
Please log into your profile on the application system on a regular basis to review the status of your application.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.