Tala Is Hiring!!! Apply !!
Tala Is Hiring!!! Apply !! 1 PositionTala
Head of Finance
Tala (formerly InVenture) builds mobile products that help creditworthy individuals in emerging markets validate their financial identities and get access to fair credit to advance their businesses and families. Tala is providing choice and control to individuals around the world when it comes to their financial identity.
We are looking for a market Head of Finance that is passionate about using data to drive important strategic analysis and operational decision-making. This hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves role will lead financial planning and business forecasting in the market, support our General Manager in steering the Kenyan business, and liaise across departments and geographies to drive key business initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Understand the key drivers of the local business (e.g. growth, repayment, conversion, unit economics/lifetime value of customer, operational efficiency) and collaborate with both Corporate FP&A and local cross-functional teams to articulate market strategy, monitor critical KPIs and support corporate forecasting
- Perform detailed financial analysis to model out new investments, business cases and strategic initiatives, identifying the potential risks & opportunities across different scenarios
- Proactively research competition and opportunities in the market; connect with industry players and peers in the market to draw business and market insights
- Report on monthly market performance to Country Leadership Team (CLT) and back to Corporate; analyze variances to plan/forecast, articulating the impact to the business from both the vertical (revenue/profit) as well as horizontal (unit economics/LTV) perspective
- Elevate market understanding of financial performance and impact
- Support annual corporate planning and reforecasts
- Support local CLT in any analytical needs and be an advocate for the market
- Liaise between Corporate and CLT to ensure alignment around business and financial objectives; be first alert to broader Finance team around opportunities + challenges, and shifts in the business
- Help drive local capital markets and fundraising efforts
- Other ad-hoc projects and analysis
- Invest in the team - bring your own personality, quirks and let's have fun while leveling each other -- and the business -- up!
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other quantitative degree
- Experience at a fintech, high growth start-up or financial services
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence in an unstructured, cross-functional environment
- Deeply analytical problem-solver.
- Advanced Excel. Bonus points for experience with data analytics languages (e.g. SQL, Python) and/or data visualisation tools (e.g. Looker, Amplitude, Tableau)!
Benefits & Perks
- Flexi-time to promote a healthy mind body and soul
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, and insurance