Supply Chain Management Officer At Kenya Marine And Fisheries Research Institute (kmfri)
Supply Chain Management Officer At Kenya Marine And Fisheries Research Institute (kmfri) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
KMFRI was established to conduct research on aquatic systems covering both marine and freshwater. The Institute has grown from staff strength of two Research Scientists at inception to the current 122 scientists. KMFRI’s approved staff establishment stands at 1,350 employees. KMFRI infrastructure capacity has also expanded from two research stations based in Mombasa and Kisumu with acquisition of seven additional stations. KMFRI is managed by a Board of Management appointed by the Cabinet Secretary, for Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries. The Board has a gazetted Chairman and the Institute Director is the Secretary. Administratively, the Director is the Chief Executive Officer, assisted by three Deputy Directors, one in charge of Ocean and Coastal Systems Directorate, the other responsible for Freshwater Systems Directorate and the third in-charge of Finance and Administration Directorate.
KMF/9. SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OFFICER (KMFRI GRADE 7)- POSITION -ONE (1)
- Basic Salary Scale: KShs. 61,394 – KShs. 79,812 P.M.
- House Allowance: KShs. 28,000 P.M.
- Commuter Allowance: KShs 6,000 P.M.
- Annual Leave Allowance: KShs 6,000 P.A.
- Medical Cover & Other Allowances: As provided by KMFRI
- Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
The duties and responsibilities of the officer entail: –
- Participate in provision of technical support on implementation of procurement strategies.
- Assist in the implementation of approved consolidated procurement plan.
- Assist in the preparation, compilation and submission of reports to management
- Assist in the implementation of appropriate internal control systems and conduct regular checks on stocks and issuance procedures.
- Ensure effective warehousing and distribution operations by supervising the staff working in the warehouse/ stores.
- Ensuring there is enough and secure storage space for proper storage of the Institute’s assets.
- Coordinate inspection, receipt and issue of goods and services.
- Coordinate the identification of surplus, obsolete, and unserviceable stores and equipment for disposal purposes
- Participate in market surveys by collecting and analyzing data to establish prevailing market prices for standard goods.
- Provide secretariat services for the ad hoc procurement committees
- Supervise the management of procurement registry to ensure safe and secure custody of procurement records
Requirements for Appointment/Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade C+ (Plus) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following: Commerce, Business Administration (Supply Management option), economics, procurement and supply chain management, marketing, law or their equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Meets the requirements of chapter six of the constitution.
Key competencies and skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team building