Specialist Nephrology At Nairobi Hospital
Specialist Nephrology At Nairobi Hospital 1 PositionNairobi Hospital
We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision. Courtesy, consideration and unreserved respect towards our patients’ privacy, dignity and confidentiality has time and again helped us earn their trust and goodwill. Our dedicated nursing staff provides professional care within a friendly and comfortable environment, ensuring that being in hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for our patients and their families. We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision.
Reporting to Director of Medical Services and Research, the successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing In patient and Out-patient Renal patients to offer supportive and curative services in line with established protocols and the hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Specialist – Nephrology will be expected to manage the department to maintain timely and efficient patient flow in line with Hospital targets while ensuring staffing levels at all times.
- Carry out patient assessment, treatment and stabilization and other specialized procedures to provide curative services in line with established protocols.
- Carry out specialised training of medical officers, nurses, senior registrars, and nursing students to impart knowledge and improve patient care.
- Participate in root cause analysis committees in the event of incidences, complaints and/or poor clinical outcomes to ensure continuous improvement in patient care.
- Participate in continuous medical evaluations to sharpen medical knowledge and skills in area of specialization.
- Assist private consultants to carry out medical procedures on private patients to ensure optimal patient care.
- Develop and continuously review protocols in applicable specialty area to enhance clinical management.
- Initiate and Participate in research activities in applicable specialty area in line with set objectives.
- Mentor medical officers in clinical procedures to impart knowledge and improve patient care.
- Carry out weekly major ward rounds for applicable specialty area patients as applicable.
- Responsible for setting, monitoring, and evaluating key performance indicators for the team.
- In liaison with the Director, Medical Services & Research, prepare departmental annual plans that are aligned to the Hospital’s strategic plan.
- Sign off senior registrars and prepare related recommendation letters to the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council in fulfilment of their specialist recognition requirements.
- Act as a team leader on a rotational basis for the applicable specialty area.
- Uphold high levels of patient confidentiality and work ethic in line with applicable code of conduct and hospital objectives; and
- Set KPIs and monitor staff Performance
- Be able to participate in the hospital general Renal Department rota.
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary environment including attending and participating in multidisciplinary clinical meetings Tumor Board and Mortality meetings etc.
- Play an active role in the management and organization of the Renal department and participate in teaching, researching and audit.
- Have the ability to lead when appropriate and work independently with no or little supervision and supervise others.
- Show evidence of personal development through publications and research in the field of
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
- Fellowship in renal medicine
- KMPDC recognized nephrologist with clinical fellowship in Nephrology from a recognized institution
- Certification in ACLS
- Member of Kenya Renal Association
- Knowledge in the use of high technology devices and tools in diagnosing and treating renal disorders.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Specialist recognition
- Ability to review and manage renal patients
- Knowledge and ability to classify diseases
- Ability to work for long hours under pressure with minimal supervision
- Drive and openness to learning
- Time management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Patient care skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Effective decision making and judgement skills
- Research skills
- Analytical skills