Solutions Architect 1 PositionI&M Bank Ltd
I&M Bank is a wholly-owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
Engineers at iCube build products and services that impact the day to day lives of our customers and internal teams. Your contributions will ensure that tangible value is continuously delivered to the end-users. A successful candidate will be expected to work closely with the product & design team to ensure timely delivery of great products. He/she will also need to be willing to learn and passionate about making contributions toward the team’s success.
Knowledge, experience & skills:
- Deep understanding of application deployment strategies
- Comfortable evaluating of container technology and orchestration strategies
- 5 years of demonstrated experience
- Able to analyze requirements and come up with solutions that take into account the performance and cost of building said systems
- Knowledge of enterprise integration patterns
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Experience with enterprise architecture
- Ability to work under indirect supervision
- Broad understanding of information technology topics
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative management style to include teamwork and team building ability
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of the comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Flexible in a fast-paced dynamic environment with shifting roles and responsibilities
- Technically creative and open-minded
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the establishment of an IT Architecture practice and the adoption of an architecture and standards methodology.
- Managing activities that take place during solution ideation, solution design, and solution implementation.
- Reviewing business context for solutions to company challenges as well as defining the vision and requirements for the solution, recommending potential options, (which may include RFIs, RFPs or prototype development), selecting the most optimal option, and the development of a roadmap for the selected solution.
- Communicating the architecture to the stakeholders as well as collaborating and coordinating with existing domain architects in the formalization and adoption of IT standards and procedures.
- Championing a structured approach to business application solutions.
- Directly assisting in the development of a solutions architecture program including departmental roadmaps and project portfolios for IT systems architecture.
- Ensuring solutions not only are a fit for the specific purpose but also closely align with the guidelines of the standards of technology solutions.
- Influencing changes to standards when necessary.
- Assisting domain architecture team on solutions management and timing of financial spend for application solutions.
- Supporting the architectural aspects of all application projects in peer IT portfolios.
- Directing the identification and recommendation of appropriate solutions, upgrades, replacements, or decommissioning options incorporating business and technology productivity, usability, and total cost of ownership.
- Developing and executing solutions that further reduce the percentage of time spent on reactive work.
- Providing analysis of security protection technologies as necessary.