Social Worker 1 PositionUbuntu Life
This position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career in social work and community development and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Based on the kid’s department, you will work closely with all other heads of departments, to assist with addressing the gaps between our organization and the community to enable us to achieve our set objectives.
This exciting position offers an opportunity to grow in their career.
The successful candidate key roles would be;
- Participating in special education assessment meetings as well as Individual Educational Planning Meetings.
- Working towards addressing problems in a child’s living situation that affect the child’s adjustment in school. (Home, school, and community)
- Offer guidance and counseling as per need to an individual or family
- Mobilizing family, school, government and community resources to enable the child to learn as effectively as possible in the educational program
- Providing crisis intervention such as reporting suspected child abuse/negligence.
- Developing intervention strategies to increase the academic success of learners.
- Working with parents to facilitate their support in their children’s school adjustment.
- Assisting parents to access programs available to students with special needs in the community.
- Assisting parents and staff in accessing and utilizing school and community resources to meet the needs of a child with special needs.
- Providing staff with essential information to better understand factors (cultural, societal, economic, familial, health, etc.) affecting a student’s performance and behavior.
- Advocating for new and improved community/school service to meet the needs of students and families.
- Developing alternative programs for children who withdraw from the program with valid reasons.
- Diploma in sociology and social work.
- 2 years’ experience working with marginalized groups.
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills