Shift Electrical Technician At Movit Products Limited
Shift Electrical Technician At Movit Products Limited 1 PositionMovit Products Limited
Movit Products Limited (MPL), the leading Quality Cosmetics Manufacturing Company in Africa with operations in Uganda, is seeking to recruit a highly competent, motivated and professional individual to ﬁll the position of Shift Electrical Technician.
Shift Electrical Technician will be responsible for managing shift works, carry out maintenance of machines and attending to machine breakdowns.
Report To: Asst. Electrical Engineer .
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure machine preventive checks are done on the daily basis by technicians/operators and closed out with the preventive maintenance planner.
• Timely attendance to machine breakdowns in a shift, done according to the breakdown handling process in place to ensure smooth operation
• Drive Movit Eagle way in maintenance.
• Manage costs by through focused improvement and innovations.
• Ensure machine availability and Reliability to improve productivity.
• Carry out root cause analysis (RCA) using 5 Why problem-solving tool for any breakdown above 30mins.
• Carry out machine control system modifications, motor installation and troubleshooting
• Carry out Preventive maintenance planning and aligning on the availability of spare.
• Do annual machine audits and make report.
• Train the technician and the operators on proper handling of the Equipment.
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities as maybe assigned from time to time by your direct supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate must at least hold a diploma in Mechanical/Electrical engineering.
• A minimum of four (3) years` relevant working experience preferably in a same position in a busy working environment.
• Must have technical engineering skills.
• Should have quick Troubleshooting skills and result oriented.
• Should be able to interpret electrical drawings.
• Should have basic PLC programming knowledge.
• Should be able to troubleshoot basic instrumentation systems e.g. temperature control, equipment calibrations, flow control systems, pressure control and level control
• Should have knowledge on date coding machines
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum or no supervision.
• Should have computer basic skills
• Should have machine maintenance knowledge
• Should have knowledge in motor control systems
• Should have knowledge in installation and configuration of variable frequency drives (VFDs)
• Should have knowledge in electrical safety.