Senior Program Officer, Immunization At Path
Senior Program Officer, Immunization At Path 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
- Lead PATH’s typhoid vaccine implementation team including:
- Management of activity leads for country introduction, health economics, and advocacy and communications sub-teams.
- Primary representative for PATH’s team within the Consortium partnership.
- Provide input to team on technical matters related to vaccine introduction and system preparedness for vaccine implementation.
- Assist team in preparing technical documents, reports, and manuscripts for self-publication, multimedia outlets, and peer-reviewed journals.
- Liaison to global stakeholders WHO, Gavi, UNICEF, and USCDC.
- Prepare and deliver scientific and programmatic presentations to NITAGs and other advisory groups to MOHs as needed for country introduction.
- Present findings from project work at international, regional, and national meetings as required.
- Provide technical and programmatic expertise for vaccine introduction work that may include Japanese encephalitis, rotavirus, meningitis, HPV, among others.
- Engage regularly with key stakeholders at global, regional and country levels, including health ministries, NGO partners, UN agencies, manufacturers and others as relevant.
- Assist vaccine teams in preparing technical documents, reports, and manuscripts for PATH materials, multimedia outlets, and peer-reviewed journals.
- Present project work and findings to local and international stakeholders.
- Regularly engage with other PATH project staff to discuss relevant program and country support activities.
- Leverage an understanding of the immunization landscape and trends to develop new opportunities for work that will have impact in low and middle-income countries (LMIC’s).
Immunization system strengthening
- Support Ministries of Health, WHO, and other partners to build capacity for delivering routine immunization, introducing new vaccines, and reaching vulnerable populations. Design and oversee monitoring and evaluation of vaccine programs, provide technical assistance and regional or country-based leadership for efforts that include a broad array of technologies and programmatic solutions for immunization programs.
- Incorporate routine immunization services and strategies into national and sub-national plans for primary health care services; includes strategic planning, M&E.
- Pandemic response: provide strategic guidance to PATH Country Directors, PAI staff, and others for supporting countries in planning, introducing and scaling-up COVID-19 vaccines.
Immunization systems and epidemiologic research
- Contribute to developing strategies for generating and synthesizing research evidence to support decision-making for vaccine introduction and implementation.
- Support the design and advancement of post-licensure clinical vaccine studies including those evaluating the field effectiveness, safety, and impact of vaccines.
- A minimum of an advanced degree (PhD or MD preferred) in public health, epidemiology, medicine, or related field with at least five (5) years of relevant work experience in public health; experience working in the field of immunization in developing countries is required. MPH/MSc/MSPH with a minimum of 10+ years of relevant work experience also acceptable. Direct experience working with governments, national policy makers, and international organizations, including the World Health Organization, Gavi, and/or UNICEF is required.
- Demonstrated leadership and project/program management skills as evidenced by planning, developing, and managing a complex vaccine implementation or research project.
- Ability to establish collaborative and working relationships with representatives/officials of government agencies, universities and other research institutions and organizations, professional groups, advocacy groups, volunteer organizations, the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry, etc.
- Experience conducting vaccine clinical or epidemiological research, particularly related to post-licensure evaluation, in low-income settings in Africa is preferred.
- Ability to apply a high degree of initiative and resourcefulness to resolve conflicts and remain effective in ambiguous situations in which little or no precedent has been set.
- Open, engaging, and transparent work style. Comfortable with differing opinions with the ability to express one’s point of view, negotiate, and resolve conflict effectively.
- Able to work effectively within existing organizational structures and interact with individuals with diverse expertise.
- Global perspective and mindset; ability to work effectively with colleagues from a myriad of cultures, backgrounds, and geographies.
- Fluency in English required. Competency in French desirable.
- Demonstrated skills in writing scientific reports and evidence summaries for global or national policy making bodies, governments, stakeholders, and non-technical audiences.
- Highly effective communicator, excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other information processing software.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, up to 30% time.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
Vacancies in NGO, Community & Social DevtView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.