Senior Human Resource Officer
Senior Human Resource Officer 1 PositionSOS Children’s Villages
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person to become Senior Human Resource Officer for SOS CV Kenya, based in National Office, Nairobi.
Senior Human Resource Officer
Key Functions of the Job
The Senior Human Resources Officer, under the supervision of the Human Resource & Administration Manager, will co-ordinate the day to day operations and provide technical expertise and guidance in the following functional areas: Recruitment, Induction and Onboarding, Performance Management and Work Development, Individual and Collective Learning and Development, Employee Relations and Compensation.
S/he will undertake various duties which include but are not limited to:
- Reviews human resources management practices on a continuous basis, and develops new strategies and policies, which enhance the long-term commitment of the staff.
- Supports the Human Resource & Administration Manager prepare, review and monitor the annual human resource budget and ensure effective implementation of the national human resource strategy.
- Coordinates the recruitment, selection, and onboarding of staff in line with internal policies
- Prepares orientation programs for new staff, and ensures new staff at all levels receive an appropriate orientation to the organization.
- Coordinates staff engagement meetings at the National office and locations in conjunction with management and location program heads respectively.
- Provides support, guidance, and counsel to the staff at all levels. Ensures open communication channels are maintained at all times.
- Promotes good working relationships in the organization by providing guidance and advice to management and employees on the appropriate policies and procedures with regards to disciplinary cases.
- Liaise closely with external legal counsel as required and manage labour disputes with employer bodies, government agencies and labour relation authorities.
- Support the implementation of a vibrant performance management system in the organization to achieve quality and operational efficiency.
- Designs and supports relevant learning and development programs for all staff in order to ensure staff are provided with adequate opportunities for self- improvement, and progression within the organization
- Supports the implementation of Compensation and Benefit strategies by coordinating periodic salary surveys, satisfaction and engagement surveys and designing compensation packages that motive staff.
Required Qualifications / Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management OR An alternate Bachelor’s degree with a Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management from reputable institutions.
- Minimum five (5) years’ relevant professional experience, preferably in an NGO set up
- A masters degree in Human Resource Management or equivalent discipline will be an added advantage
- Certified Human Resource (CHRP) Level II and III will be an added advantage
- A member in good standing of Institute of Human Resources Management Kenya, with a valid practicing certificate
- Have the ability to influence and partner with different levels of staff in the organization to build and maintain a positive work environment.
- Have a strong grasp of Kenyan labor and employment laws.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze situations and take corrective actions
- Excellent quality, attention to detail, & organizational skills
- Commitment to the process of continuous improvement.
- A valid certificate of Good Conduct
This position offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.