Senior Driver – G3 At International Labor Organization (ilo)
Senior Driver – G3 At International Labor Organization (ilo) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The International Labour Organization ILO is a specialized agency of the United Nations, whose primary goal is to promote opportunities for women and men to obtain decent and productive work in conditions of freedom, equity, security and human dignity and creating jobs of acceptable quality.
Under the overall responsibility of the Director of ILO Country Office for the United Republic of Tanzania, Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda (CO-Dar Es Salaam), the Senior Driver will work under the direct supervision of the National Project Coordinator – Kenya to ensure that work is coordinated and integrated with related services and completed within processing timelines.
Description of Duties
- Ensure the provision of safe and reliable driving services for official purpose.
- Keep a timetable for arrivals and departures of officials and other authorized personnel and visitors. Meet officials and visitors at the airport including assisting, where necessary, with protocol, visa and customs formalities.
- Deliver and collect mail and documents and other items.
- Ensure cost-savings through proper use of vehicle and accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and documentation.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of assigned vehicles through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tyres, brakes and water levels, car washing, etc. in order to keep the vehicle clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and other MOSS-compliant equipment, and necessary spare parts in assigned vehicles.
- Where appropriate, schedule drivers and vehicles for use on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident.
- Inform the supervisor in a timely manner of (re)registrations and insurance procedures for all the office vehicles.
- Assist office staff in filing, photocopying and maintaining stores. Perform other miscellaneous office support functions such as messenger services..
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Completion of secondary education. Valid and clean driving licence. Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
At least three years of relevant work experience with a safe driving record. Driving experience with a UN agency, diplomatic or international organization is an advantage. Experience as a senior driver is an advantage.
Working knowledge of an official national language of the duty station and knowledge of English.
- Excellent knowledge of local driving rules and regulations. Good knowledge of local roads and conditions.
- Vehicle repair and maintenance skills
- Good knowledge of chauffeur protocol and courtesies.
- Good knowledge of security issues.
- Good knowledge of rules and procedures on vehicle management including maintenance of official vehicles and knowledge of mechanics and maintenance.
- Knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Basic computer skills to record information in IT systems
- Ability to present a professional image at all times.
- Ability to deal calmly with unexpected circumstances or delays.
- Ability to lift heavy mail bags and boxes.
- Discretion and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.