Secretarial Jobs At Media Council Of Kenya
Secretarial Jobs At Media Council Of Kenya 1 PositionMedia Council of Kenya
The Media Council of Kenya is an independent national institution established by the Media Council Act 2013 for purposes of setting of media standards and ensuring compliance with those standards as set out in Article 34(5) of the Constitution and for connected purposes. The Council started as a self-regulating body in 2004 to regulate media industry in Kenya
VA/10 (6 positions -Based in Nairobi, Nakuru, Kisumu and Mombasa)
- Manage the reception area to ensure effective telephone and visitor handling to maintain professional image of the council.
- Making appointments and reservations both internally and externally for staff in the Council
- Receiving and assisting clients/visitors at the reception, greeting them in a courteous, warm, and professional manner Promoting a positive image of the community
- Receiving, sorting, registering and forwarding incoming mails to the Chief Executive Officer’s Office for action.
- Routinely perform basic typing, filing, and clerical work as requested
- Performing basic office administrative and HR duties assigned.
- Attending to all incoming and outgoing calls of the Council
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Possess a Diploma in secretarial studies from a recognized institution preferably KNEC, or Degree in Human Resource/Business Administration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office to include: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Be excellent interpersonal skills and integrity
- Good command of both English and Kiswahili languages
- Have ability to work under pressure and independently
- Three (3) years relevant experience in a similar position in a busy organization with HR and administrative responsibilities.
Shortlisted candidates for VA/1 must obtain clearance from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Applicants for positions VA/2, VA/9, VA10 and VA/11 must clearly indicate their preferred station of work or indicate willingness to work in any of the mentioned regional offices.
Further, all candidates are required to provide their valid membership with relevant professional bodies.
Increase your chances of landing this job and be among the shortlisted by requesting for free CV review HERE