Sanitation Facilitators/project Officers At African Evangelistic Enterprise (aee Rwanda)
Sanitation Facilitators/project Officers At African Evangelistic Enterprise (aee Rwanda) 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT 5
Sanitation Facilitators/Project Officers at AEE Rwanda
Job Title: Sanitation Facilitators/Project Officers (10)
Reports To: Project Coordinator
About African Evangelistic Enterprise (AEE) Rwanda
AEE is a Christian local relief, development, and advocacy organization established in 1987 and dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities to address root causes of poverty and injustice. AEE’s relief and development work is accomplished through programs of health, nutrition, agriculture, education, peacebuilding and reconciliation, emergency response, and youth/women entrepreneurship. AEE works closely with CARE International to improve rural sanitation and handwashing services and products. AEE with its partner CARE will promote market-based sanitation.
Background and program objectives
Isooko y’Ubuzima WASH Activity (IUWA) is a five-year USAID-funded project that aims to improve access to water and sanitation services. The project will focus on 3 main components led by different consortium members: (1) Improving Decentralized WASH Governance; (2) Improving Rural Drinking Water Services and (3) Improving Rural Sanitation and Handwashing Services and Products. The Sanitation Officer will support and implement sanitation marketing approaches to sustainable sanitation in Rwanda, within AEE Rwanda focus districts.
The Sanitation Officer will support and drive the implementation of market-based approaches in sanitation, an initiative which seeks to facilitate private sector development and increase access to sustainable urban and rural sanitation through local market channels.
The successful candidate will develop, pilot, and support the national rollout of successful and affordable sanitation technologies and work with relevant institutions, districts, and local sanitation entrepreneurs and operators of District Sanitation Centers to create a sustainable supply chain for sanitation products and services in Rwanda.
3. Major responsibilities and duties
The Sanitation Facilitator / Project Officer will specifically perform the following tasks:
- Conduct assessment on households’ needs and preferences for improved sanitation and hygiene products and services.
- Work with local leaders and institutions responsible for sanitation to identify existing entrepreneurs, both individuals and companies, local masons and technicians running sanitation business in each of the AEE’s focus districts, discuss sanitation business, and get their areas of interest and commitment to providing sanitation services.
- Work with sanitation local entrepreneurs, technicians, and local artisans to design prototypes of appropriate sanitation products.
- Develop targeted marketing and distribution plans for sanitation and hygiene products and services.
- Test and evaluate the effectiveness of new sanitation technologies and approaches to sustainable onsite and offsite sanitation and work with the government and other interested sector stakeholders to roll out successful technologies/approaches.
- Support establishment of a sustainable supply chain for sanitation products and services, to ensure that they are available in each sector/cell where households can purchase them near their homes.
- Contribute to expansion of the marketing and or sales efforts
- Increase linkages between various sanitation entrepreneurs and customers
- Sensitize VSLA members on WASH products, and various financial Products they can use to purchase them,
- Contribute to the elaboration of training modules for sanitation marketing.
- Document successes in sanitation marketing approaches and support roll-out regionwide.
- Support monitoring and evaluation of sanitation programming
- Must have a degree level of science in environmental health, public Health, Nursing or other relevant area of study.
- Must be a Rwandese
- At least 3 years of experience in the sanitation area.
- Must have an experience in sanitation related project implementation.
- Have experience in WASH networks and strong relationship management skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and excellent written and analytic skills, report writing, networking, and representation.
- Must be innovative and have a nose for entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to extrapolate lessons to other situations.
- Comfort and talent in communicating with diverse constituents.
- Ability to analyze and organize data and communicate results effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with multiple priorities.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team effort.
- Must have well-developed written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda.
- Must be flexible, innovative, proactive, to work under tight deadlines, and have excellent follow through skills.
- Maintain sound ethical principles, integrity, and transparency of due process
- Be a self-starter and to work with limited supervision.
- Must have a valid motorcycle riding license Category (A).
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.