Research Assistant At Rutgers University
Research Assistant At Rutgers University 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
United States, United States of America
Inst-Hth,Hth Care Pol&Agng Res
Last year the Institute announced the NJ Population Health Cohort Study, a statewide investigation into factors that influence population health and healthy equity. Key foci of the Cohort Study include trauma, stress, resilience and physical and behavioral health outcomes. With an anticipate sample of 8,000-10,000 New Jersey residents, the Cohort will include a statewide probability sample and targeted samples of immigrant populations. The study design will allow for analysis of factors driving outcomes across multiple family generations. The Cohort Study design phase is being led by Professors XinQi Dong, MD, MPH, director of the Institute and Joel C Cantor, ScD, Director of the Institute’s Center for State Health Policy with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Research Assistant (RA) for The Rutgers University Institute for Health, Health Care Policy and Aging Research. During the summer of 2020, the Cohort project team is conducting a Pilot Study to inform the design of the larger Cohort. This position will support the development of the New Jersey Population Health Cohort Study.
- Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Supports the implementation of the Pilot and analysis and dissemination of its results.
- Contributes to other aspects of the study design process.
Hours Per Week
Daily Work Shift
Terms of Appointment
Temporary Staff Appointment - Hourly
Minimum Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Requires a minimum of two years relevant experience, good communication and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy.
- Strongly prefer enrollment in a current master’s program.
- Knowledge of survey research concepts and methods.
- Advanced data management, cleaning, preparation, and documentation skills.
- Understanding of basic and advanced statistical and/or demographic analysis methods for analysis of complex survey data
- Data visualization and graphical presentation techniques.
- Understanding of measurement of health, mental health, and other relevant domains, including in immigrant and other diverse populations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of concepts of population health and health equity.
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills, taking initiative and enjoying making sense of complex data.
- Advanced skills SAS, STATA or other data management and analysis software as well as office applications such as EXCEL and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the highest standards of research ethnics.
- Ability to independently work remotely with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus
Rutgers University - New Brunswick
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess the minimum required experience?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Research Statement