Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking At Gulf African Bank
Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking At Gulf African Bank 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The role of Relationship Manager (RM), Corporate Banking, is to build and maintain a high-quality portfolio of Corporate clients.
The RM is responsible for understanding the needs of his/her clients and developing tailored solutions to meet these needs using the Bank’s suite of products and services targeted to the segment. The RM is responsible for managing his/her clients across the financing cycle, ensuring compliance with the Bank’s internal policies, regulatory guidelines and Shariah guidelines.
- Developing a detailed strategy to grow and maintain a customer portfolio that will ensure the delivery of the business targets in accordance with the Department’s annual performance plans. The strategy includes:
- A business strategy per client for existing clients
- Developing and implementing a calling plan for current and prospective customers
- Developing a list of high-potential new customers and a plan to approach these customers
- Filing concise, but informative, call reports after customer visits
- Providing feedback on the Bank’s overall approach/strategy on the corporate segment to ensure continuous improvement.
- Market corporate products and services and grow quality corporate asset book, focusing on long-term development of mutually advantageous client relations while ensuring that all short-term objectives are met simultaneously.
- Conduct customized, high-quality sales pitches that will increase cross-sell among current customers and help acquire additional high-potential customers
- Enhance the Bank’s profitability through funded and non-funded income and management of costs to deliver the overall financial performance of the Bank.
- Maintain proper client relationship in order to ensure retention and growth in corporate business
- Accountable for the level of quality service provided to customers within the portfolio being supported.
- Build and maintain a high-quality portfolio, monitor the Asset book to ensure good quality and reduce losses due to default. Effectively manage clients across the entire financing cycle.
- Ensuring efficiency in business processes and controls to minimize risk exposures. Practicing compliance with Sharia processes, all relevant legal, regulatory and bank policies.
- Mentoring and coaching junior relationship managers and relationship officers.
Skills and Experience required for this Role
- Business graduate from an accredited university preferably with a major in Finance, Marketing and/or Economics; a Post Graduate degree (MBA, Masters in Finance / Strategy) is an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years experience in banking, with proven experience of at least two (2) years in a similar position or at least 3 years banking experience, with focus on sales, relationship and portfolio management.
- Experience managing borrowing customers and analyzing financing proposals, especially for Corporate Clients
- Credit and analytical skills
- Self management– Ability to prioritize tasks according to importance and deadline and adjust priorities as situations change.
- Personal development – Ability to acquire and apply new knowledge relevant to the role, keep abreast of policies, procedures and guidelines relating to the role
- Performance management– Ability to set appropriate targets and work towards achieving these targets to meet the overall strategy of the Bank and ability to impose a high personal standard
- Accountability– Demonstrate and communicate a high level of ownership and commitment to achieving results
- Problem solving– Ability to recognize problems as they arise and use good judgment and common sense to resolve issues
- Decision making– Ability to make timely and accurate decisions with readily available information and within clearly defined parameters, while assessing the importance, urgency and risk associated with each situation.
- Teamwork– Ability to make the team more successful by demonstrating total commitment to team goals and values
- Communication– Ability to listen and identify customer needs, make presentations and prepare reports in a clear and concise manner.
Vacancies in Banking & Financial ServicesView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.