Receptionist At Oasis Healthcare
Receptionist At Oasis Healthcare 1 PositionOasis Healthcare
Oasis healthcare group is a company that runs a chain of facilities which aim to provide a 3 tier referral system to enable clients benefit from quality healthcare and also be seen by all appropriate healthcare cadre when need arises.
- Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or health care professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
- Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person or via the telephone.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not limited to
- Ensure an effective and efficient reception service is provided to patients and any other visitors to the facility.
- Acknowledge the patient’s arrival at the desk within 2-3 minutes of arriving.
- Deal with all general enquiries, explain procedures and make follow-up appointments.
- Be aware of your surroundings and of patients in the waiting room: be in a position where you are able to note which client has not been served and direct them to the offices they need to visit.
- Be aware of which doctors and nurses are currently on duty and whether they have arrived. If the doctor has not arrived, call him/her and inform they are on duty and clients are waiting for them
- Receive and make telephone calls as required. Phone must be answered within 6 rings and no more. Take messages, ensuring accuracy of detail and prompt appropriate delivery. Be polite and helpful at all times. If the patient’s behavior becomes unacceptably abusive refer the call to your supervisor. Don’t ever shout or respond in a rude manner to the patient.
- Advice patients of relevant charges for relevant medical services, show direction to the next station that the client would wish to be served.
- Ensure that all patients’ information is registered onto the computer system promptly and accurately.
- It is the responsibility of the receptionist to ensure that clients on the Outpatient register are transferred to the Inpatient register before close of business each day.
- It is the responsibility of the receptionist to ensure that preauthorization is filled and ensure communication is made to insurance companies for pre-authorization and discharge of patients, immediately you are in receipt of either an inpatient insurance covered clients preauthorization or a discharge summary.
- A diploma course in public relations, communication, business administration or any related course.
- Must have strong analytical and communication skills, excellent leadership qualities.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Honesty and integrity
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literate.
- Maintains confidentiality