Quality Assurance Engineer
Quality Assurance Engineer 1 PositionKoko Network
This company was formerly known as SmartCook Energy. Last-mile energy networks for Africa's cities. Smarter commerce for urban Africa. Unique rich-media delivery platforms. Our mission is to improve life for everyone in Africa’s cities.
As Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be conducted in manual testing of web applications, mobile applications, and APIs, in close collaboration with stakeholders across Engineering, Quality Assurance, Product, and senior management teams.
What You Will Do
- Write test plans, test cases, execute test cases and report bugs for API, Web and Mobile apps
- Create and perform hardware tests on the embedded systems and electronic devices
- Work on tasks assigned by Quality Assurance Lead and report key metrics to all stakeholders including Dev, Quality Assurance and Product teams
- Mentor and coach colleagues in the Quality Assurance team to take on additional responsibilities
- Perform execution of automated scripts during release time
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- 2-4+ years of experience in manual software testing
- Good understanding of using JIRA and Zephyr
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Working knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Exposure to testing applications interacting with embedded systems and electronic sensors will be an added advantage
- Willingness to perform hardware tests and go in the field as per project requirement
- Experience working in an agile setup using Scrum Methodology
- Exposure to automation testing in Selenium using Java and/or Python
- Willingness to work on new technologies and learn new skills as per project requirement
- Comfort with Cloud Technologies such as AWS and Linode
KOKO offers a fast-paced work environment and significant professional growth opportunities. If you share our passion for technology and our vision for global impact, we strongly encourage you to apply!