Public Communication Officer I At Mombasa County
Public Communication Officer I At Mombasa County 1 PositionMombasa County
Mombasa County is one of the 47 Counties of Kenya. Its capital and the only city in the county is Mombasa. Initially it was one of the former Districts of Kenya but in 2013 it was reconstituted as a county, on the same boundaries. It is the smallest county in Kenya, covering an area of 229.7 km2 excluding 65 km2 of water mass. The county is situated in the South Eastern part of the former Coast Province. It borders Kilifi County to the North, Kwale County to the South West and the Indian Ocean to the East. Administratively, the county is divided into seven divisions, eighteen locations and thirty sub-locations.
JOB GROUP N
Duties and Responsibilities will entail:-
- Implementing the Assembly communications strategy;
- Providing logistical support for events;
- Providing media liaison services for the Assembly;
- Coordinating the preparation and placement of radio and television infomercials; preparing and organizing forums where Assembly policies, programmes and projects are propagated and promoted;
- 5. Promoting stakeholder relations;
- 6. Analyzing articles in the media pertaining to the Assembly and making appropriate recommendations;
- Overseeing development of still and moving photography; reviewing speeches, media briefs and Assembly newsletters
- Sourcing for appropriate media to disseminate information on activities, developing corporate materials and branding, preparing and placing radio and television commercials
- Documenting the Assemblies events through video, photography and press cuttings.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Public Communication officer
Requirements for Appointment
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Public Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Mass Communication, Marketing or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application skills; and
- Demonstrated merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.