Projects Officer 1 PositionEquity Bank
Equity Bank Limited (The "Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is the 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 - 00200 Nairobi.
In line with enhancing career progression of staff and to support business growth, we seek to recruit a qualified, experienced, self-driven, highly motivated and passionate candidate to fill the following position in the Finserve Department.
The Project Officer ensures that projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality standard (within agreed specifications). He/she ensures that projects are effectively resourced and will manage relationships with a wide range of groups (including all project stakeholders).
- Manage co-ordination of the partners and working groups engaged in project work.
- Detailed project planning and control. Developing and maintaining a detailed project plan.
- Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan.
- Recording and managing project issues, risks, delays and escalating where necessary.
- Resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
- Managing project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary.
- Monitoring project progress and performance.
- Providing status reports to the project owner and sponsor.
- Liaison with, and updates progress to, project steering board/senior management.
- Managing project evaluation and dissemination activities.
- Working closely with users to ensure the project meets business needs.
- Identifying user training needs and devising and managing user training programmes
- Excellent understanding of Project management principles and methodologies including established PMO policies and procedures.
- Knowledge on project risk & issue management ,planning, communication, human resource, time management, cost management, project integration ,stakeholder management and quality management.
- Proficient in the use of project management, presentation and planning tools.
Key Critical Competencies:
- Excellent Project planning, monitoring and control
- Ecellent interpersonal skills,team leadership and delegation skills
- Execellent Risk and Issue management skills
- Time, cost and quality management.
- Business awareness
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- High personal standards and goal oriented
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Strong coaching skills
- Culture sensitivity
- An undergraduate degree in a business/ICT/Project Management or any other related field.
- Project Management professional qualifications in PMP/PRINCE2 or similar qualifications is an added advantage.
- Strong consultative, analytical and problem solving skills with the proven ability to manage large projects.
- Strong management skills with the ability to influence others.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage teams; identify and secure needed resources; escalate conflicting priorities; influence team members and business leaders to successfully execute
- Ability to negotiate agreements and/or reach consensus with all levels and positions within the organization
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated competencies in championing customer focus.
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
Core Value Behaviors – Performance Drivers:
- Confident: (Self Mastery). Describes people who are self-assured, in control, Bold, and deliver to the highest standards of expectations with ease while exhibiting the sort of presence that builds confidence in others.
- Comfortable: (Connecting with people). Describes people who are cool and resilient under pressure, honest in every dealing, open to constructive criticism, can be relied on to deliver.
- Elegant:(Effortless delivery). Describes people who demonstrate effortless simplicity and are able to do mundane things with grace and flair. They connect easily with different audiences, exhibit finesse in all interactions and have a high sense of values that they uphold at every turn.
- Prestige: (Pride and ownership of our work). Describes people who believe in themselves, are respected and treat others with respect and occupy a significant place in people’s minds.
- Hunger for knowledge