Project Gender Officer At Ministry Of Environment, And Natural Resources
Project Gender Officer At Ministry Of Environment, And Natural Resources 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Vision A clean, healthy, safe and sustainably managed environment and Natural resources Mission To facilitate good governance in the protection, restoration, conservation, development and management of the environment and natural resources for equitable and sustainable development. Mandate To protect, conserve and manage the environment and natural resources for socio-economic development Core Values Sustainable Development: Honesty and Integrity: Human Dignity: Teamwork and focus on results: Innovativeness: Equity: Participatory Approach GUIDING PRINCIPLES A Right to a Clean and Healthy Environment A Right to Development Ecosystem Approach Total Economic Value The Principle of Sustainable Use Inter- and Intra-generational Equity Public Participation and Inclusivity Principle The Principle of Subsidiarity The Precautionary Principle The Polluter Pays Principle. International Cooperation Good Governance 3R- Reduce, Re-use, recycle
Project manager, the Project Gender Officer will be responsible for the mainstreaming of gender in project
Terms of Engagement: The position shall be for an initial twelve (12) months contract with possibility for extension.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Project Gender Action Plan;
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting on the implementation of the Project Gender Action Plan and review corresponding management plan as necessary;
- Provide technical support to the project in ensuring that all project related activities include gender dimensions including but not restricted to the following:
- Development and Review of the Mining Policy and Regulatory Framework;
- That the Project supports mining groups and miners in access to finances and financial products; and the establishment of ASGM Associations and Cooperatives;
- Development and Inclusion of gender sensitization modules in all training activities.
- Carry out Gender Impact Assessment; and
- Make recommendations on how the Project can further improve its gender related interventions.
Requirements for the Position
Applicants must possess the following, in order to be considered for appointment to the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Gender studies, Development Studies, Community Development, Social Sciences, Law, Sustainable Development or any other related discipline.
- Master’s degree in gender studies, gender and development, sustainable development or closely related area (will be added advantage).
- Certificates in the following areas from recognized institutions will also be added advantages:
- Managerial / Supervisory Skills Development;
- Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Training of Trainers; each lasting a minimum of four (4) weeks in duration; and /or
- Report Writing; lasting not less than one (1) week in duration.
The applicant should also possess the following:
- Minimum three (3) years’ of proven work experience in gender mainstreaming, women’s empowerment and sustainable development in Kenya; and
- Proven experience with donor funded projects will be an added advantage;
- Experience in working with ASGM and/or extractive industries will be of definite distinct advantage.
Skills and Competences
The applicant should, in addition demonstrate the following:-
- In-depth-knowledge of issues related to women’s empowerment and sustainable development in Kenya;
- Ability to develop training modules in regard to gender responsive capacity building;
- Knowledge and appreciation of environmental management;
- The applicant should also possess the following;
- Excellent communication skills in Kiswahili,
- Excellent language skills in English ( speaking and reading)
- Excellent analytical, advocacy and presentation skills.
- Report writing skills.