Program Support Officer Needed At Sos Careers. Apply!
Program Support Officer Needed At Sos Careers. Apply! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The SOS Careers program will offer preparatory support and guidance to students in tertiary institutions in accessing their chosen career interests.
- Minimum Qualification: Degree
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 2 years
ROLES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Program Support Officer oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Skills Outside School Foundations’ Careers Program including planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the program activities.
- The PSO will primarily plan, execute, monitor and evaluate the Careers Program. The PSO will also manage the liaison with the relevant Stakeholders and ensure the smooth execution of the careers program in line with the framework
The Program Support Officer will perform a wide range of duties as outlined below:
- Plan the program
- Develop integrated program management plan - communication, stakeholder relation, personnel, budget, risk assessment, work plan etc.
- Plan the delivery of program components in accordance with the integrated program management plan.
- Develop a logical framework.
- Source trainers and relevant partner organizations.
- Populate program materials and documentation for deployment on the learning management system.
- Map out partner tertiary institutions for rollout.
- Conduct relevant research and feasibility studies as required to develop integrated program management plan and update assumptions Research and Data Gathering
- Researching education requirements for various careers and industries Aggregating sample curriculum vitae (CV), cover letters, application answers, motivational statements per industry/career Aggregating sample interview questions per industry/career and general interview and job search strategies and techniques Aggregating information on internships/insight days/work experience/IT provided by various organisations across various industries including the dates, timing, application cycle, application process etc. Identifying relevant qualifications to be pursued across various industries Identifying various workshops on career planning, development, skills development offered online and offline Collecting and collating career and labour market information Organize the program
- Provide reports to the Senior Programs Manager Create and maintain the program management calendar/schedule and file all program documents. Coordinate and manage the Workshops, events, programs, sessions as required. Maintain a relationship with the institutions, relevant government agencies, ministries and parastatals, corporate organizations, grant making bodies. Secure relevant funding through interactions with donors, grant making organizations, etc. Market the programs services.
- Procure and recruit advisors and consultants as required. Maintain a grants calendar and complete grant applications as required. Update the program evaluation framework. Control the program
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures. Work with Finance Officer to manage the disbursement of funds for all program activities and other general administrative functions of the Foundation. Submit relevant expenses memos e.g. for stipends etc. timely. Manage procurement
- Negotiate and Document High Value contracts and manage contract deliverables Qualifications/Experience
- University degree in program management, business administration/management or a related field of study. 2 Years of program management, business management/administration, or otherwise exercise. Knowledge of program management.
The Program Officer should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization particularly with current partners and sponsors; Command a professional image.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner including by phone with several stakeholders; Articulate the foundations’ mission, program objectives with existing partners – organisations and schools.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization; Proactively take actions necessary to produce results and able to work independently/with little guidance.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor the progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities; Strong time management skills.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem. Strong strategic, analytical, and program management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of programs and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Proficiency in the use of computers for:
- Word processing Simple accounting Databases Spreadsheets E-mail Internet-Google Docs, Sky Drive, DropBox