Procurement Manager 1 PositionEldoret National Polytechnic
The Eldoret National Polytechnic has recorded tremendous growth in the development of middle-level training as an institution since inception. It has continually fulfilled its mandate in training young people to acquire skills and technical knowledge that are in line with the industrial growth of our country.
Ensure that all procurement is undertaken as per laid down laws, rules, and regulations while enforcing transparency and accountability in the procurement process to ensure value for money. Coordinate the execution of procurement activities including preparation of procurement plans, prequalification of vendors, evaluation of proposals, procurement record management and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, or a related area from a reputable institution.
- Professional Certification in Supply Chain Management.
- Member of KISM , CIPS.
- Must be currently in a managerial role for at least 7 years
- At least 5 years of procurement experience in a busy educational institution (public) in a
- similar capacity.
- Must be familiar with sourcing or purchasing from both local and international suppliers
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, as well as
- understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk.
- In-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and best practices.
- Basic proficiency with computer applications and programs including email and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Excellent Analytical and record management skills
- Ability to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate meticulous attention to detail
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability.
In liaison with the chief principal, determine the college purchasing needs and departmental specifications.
- Ensure procurement best practice is followed using the detailed guidelines provided in the PPOA ..
- Receive and review procurement requests and initiate procurement procedures for materials, equipment, supplies and services locally and internationally (where applicable)
- Preparation of Requests for Quotation, Initiations to Bid, Requests for Proposal and coordination of their timely dispatch.
- Conduct negotiations on contractual agreements with suppliers to ensure added value, lowest total cost while ensuring that quality is not compromised.
- Filing, invoicing, record keeping, following up payments, order disbursement and distribution, responding to inquiries, quotations.
- Maintain appropriate records such as vendor quotations, purchasing requisitions, purchase orders and reports to ensure that the procurement process, decision, and contractual agreements are accurately documented for accountability and audit purposes.
- Assist in any internal and external audits and the maintenance of a running list of previous audit recommendations and the status of their implementation.
- Analyzing invoices against receiving reports before authorization of payment to suppliers and making follow-ups to ensure suppliers are paid on time.
- Monitoring purchases of capital or recurrent expenditure against budget and usage ofgoods and services within the college to ensure minimal expenditure.
- Maintain regular contact with contracted suppliers to monitor adherence to delivery period according to the terms of a procurement agreement