Post School Success Associate Manager (short Term Contract) At Nova Pioneer
Post School Success Associate Manager (short Term Contract) At Nova Pioneer 1 PositionNova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer Education Group is a Pan-African independent school network offering preschool through secondary education for students from ages 3 through 19. We prepare the next generation of leaders and innovators through world-class teaching methods with an emphasis on 21st century skills. We established Nova Pioneer because we believe education should prepare young people to create their future, not just work in it.
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Post School Success Associate Manager for a 5-6 months contract.
The Post-School Success Associate Manager is an essential but a short term role that contributes to meeting one of Nova Pioneer’s most important goals – setting our students up for success on their path to becoming leaders and innovators of the African century. You will help deliver a distinctive university and career exploration & guidance program that is integrated into everyday learning at the Nova Pioneer secondary schools. You will be based in Nairobi and support our secondary schools at Tatu City and Eldoret.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About the role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
a) Form 4’s post school success support
- Hold office hours for one on one consultations with students at least twice a week in each campus to discuss their career options, college / university applications and other post-school options. Office hours would be 4:00pm-5:30pm- Monday-Friday.
- Support students and families as they navigate the local university/college application process by fulfilling the following tasks and any other task/need arising from the process.
- Guide students and school teams to complete the KUCCPS application process.
- Facilitate other local admission opportunities ahead of KCSE exams such as the Strathmore University entrance exam and USIU sports scouting, COVID protocols allowing.
- Guide students to submit quality international applications within the stipulated deadlines. This could include reviewing organizing for standardized testing, personal statements, essays, checking their documents and other support as needed.
- Guide students and parents in the completion of financial aid applications like the CSS profile.
- Follow up with recommenders to ensure quality letters and other supporting documents are submitted on time.
- Facilitate submission of school documents needed to support applications like transcripts, school profile etc.
- Actively liaise with university representatives where students have applied to advocate for their applications and to provide other supporting information.
- Manage admission offers and enquires on the Concourse Global platform liaising with Concourse representatives, students and parents as necessary.
- Continuously connecting and partnering with our strong University partners such as African Leadership University, Strathmore, USIU, Ashesi University, Africa Leadership Academy etc.
b) Form 3’s post school success support
- Hold office hours to guide students on their career selection process, college/university lists and other alternative plans.
- Hold Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday workshops on pathway classes for students based on their declared pathways and needed next steps.
- Review students’ pathway selection providing them with feedback as necessary and transferring their options onto a database for tracking.
- Where SATs are required, oversee provision of SAT prep. This includes but is not limited to sharing practise resources, issuing and grading mock tests and guiding students and parents to register for the exam.
c) Data Management and Communication
- Using our internal database to update and track progress to goals.
- Sending monthly process updates.
- Bimonthly meetings with the Director of Schools
- Ongoing communication with parents on students’ progress in the post school success process.
- Communicating and collaborating with School Leaders and Deans to schedule students time for post school success work and coordinate essay writing, recommendations, testing, etc
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You have a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education Management, College Counselling, Psychology or other related courses.
- You have 3+ years experience in college counselling in a secondary school or in an after high school program.
- You are familiar with the international tertiary education space and have experience guiding students to apply to tertiary institutions abroad.
- You are knowledgeable about various local tertiary education pathways.
- You are conversant with research on the future of work and passionate to guide students to navigate their career choices.
- You enjoy working with adolescents and youth and have a track record of building strong professional relationships with this age group for effective mentorship and guidance.
- You are a strong communicator and enjoy building relationships across teams and organizations to meet your objectives.
- You are a strategic thinker and a thought leader but you are also able to translate your ideas into action and execute on them.
- You have strong project management skills. You are able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines and targets.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making effort to find appropriate solutions.