Pmtct Officer At Amref Health Africa
Pmtct Officer At Amref Health Africa 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vacancies to be filled soon:
|Reports to:||Regional Project Manager|
The PMTCT/EID Program officer will support deliverance of comprehensive and quality HIV care and treatment services to achieve the 95-95-95 goals for the epidemic control and specifically oversee all PMTCT/EID related services. The Program Officer will oversee implementation and monitoring of PMTCT and EID services and will also be responsible to provide technical assistance to R/CHMT in their respective districts to support provision of quality HIV services to clients.The PMTCT /EID Program Officer will directly report to Regional Program Manager in respective region and indirectly report to PMTCT /EID Advisor. Both supervisors will provide guidance and technical support to the officer to fulfill his/her assigned responsibilities below:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the implementation of all PMTCT/EID activities in the supported regions under Regional Managers
- Support the implementation of PMTCT/EID related technical work plans and annual budgetary development and implementation
- Provide guidance to CHMTs and HCWs on implementation of the PMTCT/EID services according to the National Guidelines
- Ensure all pregnant women within the catchment area are identified, attend RCH, tested for HIV and know their status with their sexual partners and those who are Positive for HIV are effectively linked into C & T.
- Track performance of district and provide technical support for improving low performing districts and health facilities
- Ensure district have updated PMTCT tools for PMTCT service provision (guidelines, SOPs, job aids, M&E tools)
- Coordinate all PMTCT/EID related mentorship, training and capacity building in the recipient’s districts.
- Work closely with the facilities, Community IPs, CSO’s and FBOs to develop effective linkage and retention strategies for pregnant mothers and the related infants
- Lead PMTCT/EID program reporting on periodic program events (monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc) on all clinical related matters and provide relevant contribution
- Facilitate production of written documents including best practices and lessons learned
- Participate in District meetings relevant to the project and provide relevant technical contributions according to the guidelines and PEPFAR policies
- Collaborate district team to develop supportive supervision and mentorship plans focused on PMTCT and EID service delivery.
- Ensure availability of equipment and supplies for PMTCT service provision
- Track sites progress report summarize them for quarterly and other program progress reports
- In collaboration with M&E program officer enhance monitoring of program implementation and realize program outcome
- Assist facilities to have conducive client flow pertain to ensure continuity of care
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- A doctor of medicine/nursing degree/ diploma of health-related field.
- Proven critical analysis skills and report writing skills.
- At least 5 years of “hands on experience” in PMTCT/EID HIV prevention, care and treatment program in resource limited country
- Experience working in public health NGO
- Experience working with Local government and ministry of health
- Good interpersonal and people management skills-a team player and builder.