Pharmacist At Tenwek Hospital
Pharmacist At Tenwek Hospital 1 PositionTenwek Hospital
Mission Statement: "Tenwek Hospital is a Christian community committed to excellence in compassionate healthcare, spiritual ministry, and training for service to the glory of God."
Job Ref: 06/07/2020
Reporting to the Pharmacy Manager, the Pharmacist job exists to provide pharmacy and pharmaceutical services to patients in the hospital, provide clinical research and training and advise the hospital.
- Provide technical pharmacy and pharmaceutical advice and service to the hospital.
- Implement work plans and work schedules in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Receive patients in the hospital and dispense medicines and other pharmaceutical materials to them in the hospital.
- Provide care and custody of medicines and other medical supplies in the pharmacy of the hospital.
- Coordinate pharmaceutical operations and services in the pharmacy in order to ensure that they meet the expected standards of sufficiency and quality the in the hospital
- Carry out training and development of pharmacy staff, interns and student in order to enhance their performance productivity in the hospital.
- Record the movement and consumption of medicines and medical equipment and supplies, and well updated drug register in the hospital.
- Implement duly all established pharmacy and pharmaceutical policies, procedures and process in the hospital.
- Supervise, guide and mentor junior pharmacy staff and students in the hospital.
- Provide specialized pharmacy and pharmaceutical advisory services to the hospital executive and the public though the appropriate media. • Provide clinical research and training to pharmacy and pharmaceutical students.
- Perform any other duty given from time to time.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Pharmacy from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- Must have a valid practice license
- At least one year working experience as a Pharmacist Intern in a reputable hospital.