Oracle Database Engineer At Infinity Computers And Communications Company
Oracle Database Engineer At Infinity Computers And Communications Company 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Title Oracle Database Engineer
• Assist in the design, planning, implementation and optimization of all enterprise databases.
• Assist in the definition of database architecture and design specifications.
• Work with IT vendors to install, configure, maintain, and upgrade enterprise database systems and related applications.
• Provide support in functionality and acceptance testing during the implementation of enterprise database systems.
• Ensure optimal performance of the organization’s databases;
• Regularly monitor and reconcile the performance of the databases to pre-defined performance thresholds and take appropriate actions where required
• Implement established policies and procedures on database management
• Maintain database security and data integrity through the use of access codes and efficient password system.
• Storage and capacity planning by monitoring the growth trends and predictions about the future.
• Troubleshooting when things do go wrong with the database server.
• Perform regular data backup, and validate integrity of data backup.
• Perform database automation and script writing.
• Investigate and resolve incidents/ requests relating to enterprise databases, and escalate irresolvable faults/ issues to relevant vendors/ suppliers where appropriate.
• Provide support in operating systems trouble shooting.
• Ensure availability of accurate documentation of standards, guidelines and procedures for effectively managing and maintaining the databases.
• Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
• Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
• Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
• Engage in knowledge development and identification of improved and efficient methods running some database tasks.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations Support
• First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
• Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience.
• Excellent Knowledge and hands on experience with Oracle, MSSQL platforms.
• Relevant Professional Qualifications and Certifications will be added advantage