Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional ﬁrm/individual with strong drive and initiative taking, who’s able to relate to managers at all levels (from team leader to factory manager) and coach them in the way they lead their teams. The Operations Change Agent should have a strong improvement management background, be able to implement standardized work and cascading performance dialogues. Furthermore, we want her/him to be able to design leader standard work and performance metrics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing standardized work to improve process stability
- Deﬁning the metrics, agenda and structures to run cascading performance dialogues
- Coaching managers in team leadership (e.g. running meetings, process conﬁrmation)
- Working with improvement engineers to drive CI project
- Codifying approaches developed to be available for deployment
- Working within a team of change agents across the organization
- Running training sessions on speciﬁc topics
- Coaching and people management skills
- Improvement methods (e.g. standardized work, lean management, six sigma, root cause problem solving, etc.)
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Leader Standard Work
- Experience in team leadership would be a plus.
- Experience with large-scale organizational CI efforts
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/aﬃrmative action employer. All qualiﬁed applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualiﬁed persons are encouraged to apply.