Ongoing Recruitment At Strathmore University
Ongoing Recruitment At Strathmore University 1 PositionStrathmore University
Statistical Analyst – Strategy and Quality Assurance
Strathmore University is a Chartered University located in Nairobi, Kenya. It was the first multiracial and multi religious educational institution in English speaking Eastern Africa and more recently the first institute of higher learning to be ISO certified in East and Central Africa in 2004.
Reporting to: Director, Strategy and Quality Assurance
Basic job summary: The jobholder will be responsible for providing technical leadership to the Institutional Data Analysis Unit of the university alongside managing the Data Management Teams across the departments, schools and faculties. The work focuses on the design, execution, analysis, interpretation, and reporting or communication of data evidence from the various university databases, and research.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the affairs of the Institutional Data Analysis Unit and ensure its alignment with departmental and business-wide vision and strategies.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business solutions.
- Drive education and evangelization of data driven decision making throughout the organization by communicating the university’s vision on data analytics as a crosscutting feature in the university’s strategic plan
- Draft regular reports on departmental performance and monitor trends in key business KPIs, providing valuable insights to relevant departments for overall business performance improvement and present recommendations and departmental strategies for improvement in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Analyze data and prepare reports in cooperation with peers in SQA and other University departments to support institutional planning and reporting official institutional data to government agencies, professional organizations, and accrediting bodies;
- Assist in preparation and publishing of internal and external reports and surveys in cooperation with SQA peers and other departments;
- Track the university’s performance and conduct exploratory data analyses and experimental designs, to assist the university to better understand trends and behavior within the higher education sector and derive the most suitable strategies to drive success;
- Develop, implement, and oversee techniques and procedures for automated and integrated data capture, analysis, and dissemination for the university;
- Participate in professional forums and keep abreast of trends and issues pertaining to institutional effectiveness, regulatory requirements and incorporate best practices into the University’s initiatives;
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in any related field from a recognized institution
- Bachelor Degree in any related Mathematics related field from a recognised institution
- At least 2 years’ hands on experience on data management with exposure to a business environment
Competencies and Attributes
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Research Methodologies and Development
- Advanced Data Modelling Skills
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education sector issues
- Strong analytical skills – able to measure against relevant KPIs & commercial goals, create robust analysis and meaningful insights to highlight opportunities. Establish, mine and analyse large datasets.
- Excellent collaboration skills – this is a cross functional role within the Strategy and Quality Assurance team and the wider university departments, high capacity leadership to influence others, encourage teamwork, and build strong relationships
- Aptitude to learn fast, to absorb and integrate new facts and methodologies
- Excellent communication skills – engage and influence multiple stakeholders to build strong working relationships, with ability to galvanize teams and get buy in across departments.
- Project management – ability to manage multiple projects in a fast moving and ever changing environment with maturity and foresight to cope with input and changes, sometimes at the last minute.
- Inspire others – ability to engage broad range of stakeholders both through compilation of compelling and persuasive presentations and ability to deliver.
- Innovative – creative strategist who is comfortable challenging status quo, brings creativity to problem-solving through the use of innovative frameworks and technological solutions
- Technically aware – candidates must have worked closely with the technological side and have the capability to use visualisation/Dash boarding tools such as Power Bi, Tableau etc.