Ongoing Recruitment At Metropol Corporation Limited
Ongoing Recruitment At Metropol Corporation Limited 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Metropol was established in Kenya in 1996 as a business Information and credit management company. In 2006 Metropol partnered with GCR to provide credit rating services that enable corporates to raise capital and meet their financing needs.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for configuration and maintenance of Metropol IT systems. This will entail provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. He/she ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, policies and practices.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues.
- Manage the configuration and operation of data center servers.
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns.
- Monitor and report performance of replication services between primary and secondary sites.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary and as per policies and procedures.
- Verify that backups can be restored by conducting weekly restore procedures.
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests.
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution.
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes.
- Review application logs and summarize status.
- Install and test computer-related equipment.
- Maintain and support system efficiency operations.
- Ensure design of system allows all components to work properly together.
- Evaluate, modify and report periodic system's performance to support capacity planning.
- Identify user needs and recommend necessary actions.
- Maintain integrity of the server deployment, and security.
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services.
- Maintain network servers such as file servers, VPN gateways, and intrusion detection systems.
- Administer servers, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project or operational requirements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Perform periodic security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform system tuning to enable appropriate utilization of available resources
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide IT support per request from various users as per laid down procedures.
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other procedures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required –server provisioning.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or a related field.
- Must have advanced Systems Administration certification for Linux/Unix and Windows from a recognized institution (CCNP, CNA, MCSA etc).
- Thorough knowledge in Linux/Unix and Windows.
- Working knowledge of common databases – Oracle, Postgres and MySQL
- Thorough knowledge of Redis database
Increase your chances of landing this job and be among the shortlisted by requesting for free CV review HERE