News Editor Tea At Nation Media Group
News Editor Tea At Nation Media Group 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
Reporting to the Managing Editor, the jobholder will be responsible for the coordination of news gathering operations of The East African, ensuring that the coverage is competitive and comprehensive in both print and digital platforms and that the written copy meets established editorial objectives, journalistic ethics, house style and is delivered within set deadlines.
• Taking responsibility for the quality and quantity of the editorial content of the news pages;
• Maintaining a diary of events;
• Taking up big news assignment and filing stories;
• Assessing the political, social and economic climate and anticipating likely developments for coverage;
• Briefing reporters and advising them on coverage and the writing of stories;
• Enforcing deadlines and productivity targets for the Reporters;
• Reviewing the written stories to ensure that they meet editorial objectives, house style and journalistic ethics;
• Liaising with the Managing Editor, Assistant Editor and Chief Sub-Editor to choose the main stories of the day/week, writing or re-writing them;
• Ensuring delivery of digital content; and
• Adhering to Social Media Policy as updated from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & skills
• Bachelor's degree in Communication or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
• Relevant professional qualifications;
• Ability to write exclusive stories based on interviews and complex business reports;
• Six (6) years of relevant work and supervisory experience;
• Ability to communicate both inside and outside the organisation;
• Ability to develop plans, programs, SOPS, and coordination of workflows
• Possess analytical and administrative skills;
• Possess people management skills.
If you meet the above criteria, apply online at https://www.nationmedia.com/careers/ on or before March 26, 2021.
Note: We shall only contact the shortlisted applicants.
Vacancies in Marketing, Media & BrandView and Apply
No featured Employer yet. Please check back later.