Network Planning And Optimization Engineer
Network Planning And Optimization Engineer 1 PositionCasameza
- Job Purpose
Provide network planning and optimization to support 2G/3G/4G radio services for a service provider network.
- Principal Accountabilities
- Understanding the network performance and supporting optimization activities to tune the RF network for better performance, quality, and capacity utilization.
- KPI monitoring and measurement to improve network performance.
- Analyzing KPI counters and performance statistics to identify issues and resolve complex problems.
- Studying and proposing pro-active measures to prevent performance degradations and customer complaints.
- Covering tasks such as performance audits, quality and capacity optimization, parameter planning, network feature testing and introduction in the network, network statistics analysis, troubleshooting and performance and capacity management.
- Independently developing RF optimization solutions, features and field tests (e.g., drive tests, indoor measurements, etc.).
- Prioritizing RF optimization activities to address most critical ones based on end user and business impact.
- Manage network trials and performance data to identify coverage, capacity, and interference problems.
- Parameter audit for 2G/3G/4G radio, analysis and execute corrections with the RNO guidelines.
- Performing radio site surveys, planning for both new radio site integration and/or radio site relocation.
- Performance analysis based on field drive tests.
- Performance analysis based on network statistics.
- Network capacity, coverage, and topology analysis.
- Parameter audit and analysis.
- Network assessment for radio network.
- Assessment process and KPI definition.
- Site coverage and parameter verification.
- Area performance verification.
- KPI measurement analysis and reporting.
- Data collection/analysis, including performance counters, configuration data, and drive test logs etc.
- Coverage/quality/capacity analysis (parameter, interference, hardware etc.) and troubleshooting, covert it into actionable insights/knowledge.
- Network design verification.
- Support Network audit.
- Ensuring regulatory standards are met.
- Provide on-the-job training and guidance to colleagues in specific data-related tasks where appropriate.
- On-time reporting to direct Line Manager.
- Work on tasks assigned by Line Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Personal Attributes
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal and team building skills.
- Ability to handle critical customer issues in high pressure scenarios.
- Flexible and responsive to changing work demands.
- Tenacious and persistent.
- At least 7 years of experience in 2G/3G/4G RF network planning and optimization activities with experience on Huawei and Nokia BSC/RNC/eNodeB.
- High level of expertise in RF 2G/3G/4G parameters, counters, KPIs and features on Huawei and Nokia Systems.
- Ability to lead all activities for the maintenance and improvement of network KPI's.
- In depth trouble-shooting capability for analysis of network statistics, KPIs and drive test logs.
- Excellent communication skills, especially ability to interface with customer and end-users and VIP business customers.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in the setup and configuration of RF planning tools.
- Understanding and experience of IT systems and databases for RF planning tool environments.
- Knowledge and experience in creating MapInfo workspaces for use in cell planning.
- Excellent knowledge of Cell Planning and RF Propagation theory in 2G/3G/4G mobile networks.
- Familiar and up to date with latest software releases, guidelines, and engineering rules on how to dimension and plan various network elements in Radio.
- Good understanding of technical specifications on Radio Domain.
- Has in-depth understanding and analysis, hands-on experience and troubleshooting skills on Radio Planning and Optimization.
- Knowledge of radio network planning & optimization in telecom area or other relevant training.
- Knowledge on RAN Features/Roadmaps/equipment lifecycles.
- Must have worked with different RAN Equipment.
- Excellent understanding of KPI/KQI definitions and calculation methods.
- Good knowledge of mobile system architecture, radio interface, protocols and signaling System parameters.
- Knowledge of radio planning and optimization tools.
- Project and stakeholder management experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of databases (SQL queries) and Core Network architecture is a plus.
- Educational Qualifications
University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electrical engineering, or a science field.
Professional Training on Huawei and Nokia RAN Solutions will be a plus.