Motor Vehicle Mechanic
Motor Vehicle Mechanic 1 PositionKenya Defence Forces
The Kenya Defence Forces are the armed forces of the Republic of Kenya. The Kenya Army, Kenya Navy, and Kenya Air Force comprise the national Defence Forces. The current Kenya Defence Forces were established, and its composition laid out, in Article 241 of the 2010 Constitution of Kenya; the KDF is governed by the Kenya Defence Forces Act of 2012.
House Allowance: Depending on the area of deployment Commuter Allowance: Ksh 3,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre and the officer will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior officer. Duties entail:
- Inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters,
- Maintain vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical malfunctions; replacing parts and components;
- Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Maintaining vehicle records by recording service and repairs
For an appointment to this grade, the candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade ‘D’ plain or it's equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Artisan National Trade Test Certificate Grade III/apprentice Certificate awarded by the National Industrial Training Authority or its equivalent, and relevant qualification from a recognized institution