Microsoft Is Hiring!!apply Now!!
Microsoft Is Hiring!!apply Now!! 1 PositionMicrosoft
The Microsoft Identity program management team is searching for a principal level leader to build and run our new team in Nairobi.
We are looking for an experienced program and product management leader with strong team-building skills and ability to create strong connections with the customer and partner ecosystem in the region. As companies embark on their digital transformations, they turn to Microsoft Identity division to give them secure, convenient, manageable, digital relationships with employees, customers and business partners. Tens of thousands of organizations, millions of users are successfully using Microsoft Identity services, such as Azure Active Directory, every month. Hundreds of thousands of developers are building powerful and secure applications that authenticate users with Microsoft identity platform or access high value data in the Microsoft cloud (such as Office 365 or Azure) with cloud APIs such as the Microsoft Graph.
In this role, you will recruit and train talent to build a world-class program management team. You will lead the team to imagine and drive new features that help customers better manage identity related scenarios in their organizations. You will lead the team to designs solutions for application developers to build applications critical to the business and valuable to end users. You will establish an outreach and connection to our top customers and partners (ISVs, system integrators) to build strong partnerships that result in customer and partner input into the product, and adoption of Microsoft identity solutions in the marketplace.
There is a lot of cross-team collaboration and customer or partner connection you and your team will be involved in – you will lead by example in customer empathy (including customers in IT, developer or user roles). You will need to be proficient at creating and maintaining positive, productive team spirit and relationships, including with remote teams, customers and partners distributed around the globe. You will teach your team how to experiment effectively, use various sources of data, such as telemetry, to learn and apply a growth mindset. You will keep an eye out on competitors and industry developments to build a product and platform strategy that continues to establish Microsoft Identity offerings as a leader in the cloud. You will learn a lot about the identity technologies and offerings, and about cloud security. The skills and experience you build in these roles will be valuable for years to come as the world digitally transforms.
- Build a world-class program management team and lead it to success.
- Create a network of customer and partner connection and strong productive partnerships with them to influence product design and drive market adoption of Microsoft identity services. Be the bridge between Microsoft and the EMEA market when it comes to identity technologies and solutions.
- Listen to data and customers (including IT administrators, application developers, or end users), and use customer insight to drive clarity of product requirements with feature teams, partner teams, user research, design, marketing and support to meet customer needs.
- Monitor industry and competitive trends in developer experience for identity and contribute to product strategy
- 7+ years of product management experience building commercial software
- BS Degree in a technical or engineering discipline
- Proven track record as a great team builder and people manager
- Experience in evangelism, customer connection, marketing or community building
- Demonstrated experience in understanding customer needs (IT, developer, end users) and problem solving with customer empathy
- Experience with security, identity, authentication, or authorization-related technologies highly desirable
- Collaboration, communication, partnering skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.