Merger Analyst At Fair Competition Commission
Merger Analyst At Fair Competition Commission 2 PositionsEmploi Recruitment
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Fair Competition Commission
The Fair Competition Commission is an independent Government Body established under the Fair Competition Act, 2003 (No. 8 of 2003) to promote and protect effective competition in trade and commerce and to protect consumer from unfair and misleading market conduct. The ultimate goal of the Act is to increase efficiency in the production, distribution and supply of goods and services.
The Fair Competition Commission (FCC) invites Public Servants to submit their applications to fill the post identified below: –
MERGER ANALYST II – Ref. FCC/MA II/03/2020 – 2 POSTS
Reports to: Head of Mergers and Acquisitions
Qualifications for the Post:
- Holder of Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Law, Finance or related fields from any recognized university;
- Possession of computer knowledge is an added advantage.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving and acting on merger and acquisition notifications;
- Receiving and acting on exemption applications;
- Conducting inquiries, research and analyses of the competitive effects of mergers and acquisitions in terms of FCA;
- Liaising with merging and other interested parties;
- Writing reports on mergers and acquisitions;
- Assisting in making presentations of investigations on mergers and acquisitions to the Commission;
- Ensuring that relevant guidelines are in place and adhered to;
- Conducting post-merger monitoring;
- Keeping abreast of global developments in terms of mergers and acquisitions to provide insights in terms of applications relevant to Tanzania;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Head of Department.
Salary Scale – FCCGSS 6