Medical Officer Wanted Urgently At Tenwek Hospital
Medical Officer Wanted Urgently At Tenwek Hospital 1 PositionTenwek Hospital
Mission Statement: "Tenwek Hospital is a Christian community committed to excellence in compassionate healthcare, spiritual ministry, and training for service to the glory of God."
Job Ref: 05/07/2020
Reporting to the Medical Superintendent, the Medical Officer job exists to provide general medical services to patients in the hospital; ensure provision of quality and timely medical services, quality patient care and medical counselling at Tenwek Hospital
- Participate in the strategic planning of the division in collaboration with other medical staff in the unit for significant impact on the performance or business outcome of the hospital and its sub-functions.
- Attend to patients’ medical needs, diagnose their illnesses and prescribe medicines and other therapeutic interventions in consultation rooms at the hospital.
- Follow-up on and observe the clinical conditions and progress of patients in the wards
- Provide medical advice, counselling, health education and control measures to patients in the hospital in order to prevent spread of diseases and injuries.
- Work with other medical staff to solve single or multiple medical issues and/or participate in performing extensive surgical operations in the hospital.
- Implement best practice clinical and patient care related policies and procedures in the outpatient division of the hospital.
- Refer outpatients to the appropriate specialized clinics and medical consultants within the hospital for further diagnosis, treatment and management of their medical conditions.
- Provide quality emergency medical services to patients in the emergency unit of the hospital.
- Implement Tenwek culture of team-base, fact-base and patient-base and work towards achievement of the hospital Vision
- Any other duty given from time to time.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution b. Must have a Certificate in basic life support and Advanced Cardiac life support
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council b. Valid Practice License. c. At least one year working experience in medical practice in a busy health facility.