Medic Mobile Is Looking For You!! Apply Now!
Medic Mobile Is Looking For You!! Apply Now! 1 PositionMedic Mobile
Technical Product Owner
Medic Mobile is a nonprofit organization on a mission to improve health in the hardest-to-reach communities. We build world-class, open-source software that supports health workers delivering equitable care that reaches everyone.
Location: Flexible, as 30% of our teammates work remotely, although preference is given to locations close to our hubs in Kathmandu, Nairobi, and Dakar .
Technical Product Owners at Medic Mobile work cross-functionally with Product Management, Design, Engineering, Delivery, App Services, and Research & Learning to ensure the right improvements are being planned and developed in a timely manner. This includes working closely with team members to author detailed product requirements, advocate for product roadmap prioritization, and develop feature documentation. Technical Product Owners use their technical skills to build prototypes, configure scenarios to support user acceptance testing (UAT), and occasionally contribute code to the Core Framework
Product Expert (20%)
Technical Product Owners represent the product team on a variety of internal and external squads and communities, proactively engaging as a product expert while also providing important context back to the product team.
- Answer questions about the product
- Provide advice on how best to implement certain features
- Advocate for reuse of existing templates and resources
- Help identify potential feature requests
- Engage with community members on forums, in webinars, etc…
Product Scoping (30%)
Technical Product Owners lead scoping of high level product initiatives by pulling together existing product requirements and contextualizing or exploring new opportunities. Technical Product Owners also understand how the product initiative fits within the product roadmap and advocate for or de-prioritize accordingly.
- Lead initiatives as the owner and project manager
- Align teammates around a shared understanding of the initiative
- Identify, collect, write, and prioritize user stories
- Build proofs of concept
- Break large initiatives into release-sized bodies of work
Feature Owner (50%)
Technical Product Owners lead detailed design activities and requirements gathering, working closely with delivery teams to better understand needs and with the design and engineering teams to identify solutions.
- Elicit and document requirements
- Work with Product Designer to develop mockups
- Work with engineering team to agree on technical solutions
- Conduct or coordinate UAT for new features and improvements
- Author documentation, forum, and blog posts related to new features
- Advise teams on the implementation of new features
- Develop and execute on plans to monitor feature uptake and efficacy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Three or more years of experience with software product teams, especially in the health, or ICT4D fields
- Experience conducting end user research or leading focus groups
- Experience gathering and communicating product requirements
- Comfortable with a wireframing and mockup tools
- Familiarity with databases and command-line tools