Media Monitor/analyst At Media Council Of Kenya
Media Monitor/analyst At Media Council Of Kenya 1 PositionMedia Council of Kenya
The Media Council of Kenya is an independent national institution established by the Media Council Act 2013 for purposes of setting of media standards and ensuring compliance with those standards as set out in Article 34(5) of the Constitution and for connected purposes. The Council started as a self-regulating body in 2004 to regulate media industry in Kenya
VA/9 (24 positions-based in Nairobi, Nakuru, Kisumu and Mombasa)
- Monitoring both print and electronic media on a daily basis identifying issues and trends of concern in the media through content analysis.
- Data collection, analysis and report writing on media coverage of different topical projects based on the code of conduct for the practice of journalism and public interest concerns.
- Undertake individual incidence reports and analysis on media coverage of emerging issues that will serve as advisories for stakeholders based on code of conduct for practice of journalism.
- Establishment of an archive for different projects in the system for all monitored media platforms that will assist in building the resource centre facility.
- Raise issues of breaches of the code of conduct to the attention of the management for action by the complaints commission.
- Prepare and or make presentations before stakeholders on finding of media monitoring reports.
- Formulate the media monitoring programme of the Council and oversee its implementation
- Design and implement qualitative and quantitative monitoring tools for the assessment of the performance of Kenyan media
- Generate reliable and timely monitoring reports and data for the Media Resource Centre
- Writing and producing the annual State of the Media Report.
- Possess Diploma in Communication, Journalism or Mass Communication from a recognized College.
- Be computer literate in all Office Packages.
Shortlisted candidates for VA/1 must obtain clearance from the following:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
Applicants for positions VA/2, VA/9, VA10 and VA/11 must clearly indicate their preferred station of work or indicate willingness to work in any of the mentioned regional offices.
Increase your chances of landing this job and be among the shortlisted by requesting for free CV review HERE