Market Risk Analyst At Kcb Bank Kenya
Market Risk Analyst At Kcb Bank Kenya 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
The Market Risk Unit is a key unit that supports the Treasury functions across the Group in their day to day duties of optimizing on shareholder wealth within Bank approved risk appetite in line with the Group strategy in force.
The Group maintains an established Market Risk Framework that guides the management of Market, Liquidity and Country Risk. Market Risk Department articulate standards for defining, measuring and communicating market, liquidity and country risk. This enables development of a common language and consistent framework for Market, Liquidity and Country Risk management across the KCB Group.
The position will support coordination of the Group’s market risk and asset and liability management. This includes the identification and evaluation of market, liquidity and country risks across the Group, development of the respective risk policies including providing support to the Business units in risk return analytics and maintenance of the Treasury Front Office and Market Risk System.
- Maintenance, development and customization of market risk and asset and liability management policies, procedures and controls for the Bank and its subsidiaries.
- Management of the daily monitoring and reporting of market and liquidity risk exposure against limits and reporting of breaches as per policy and understanding and reporting on underlying reasons for market changes and their impact on risk and market value.
- Overseeing the maintenance of the Treasury Front Office and market risk system across the Group.
- Validation and maintenance of pricing and value at risk models for both current and new Treasury products as they are introduced including back testing.
- Supervise and continuously improve the daily, monthly and quarterly market risk reporting including analysis and commentary as additional information becomes available with the implementation of the market risk system across the Group.
- Production of risk versus return analysis for the respective Treasury products to obtain optimal market risk portfolio, risk-transfer strategies which ensure compliance with the risk tolerance and maximise economic value.
- Utilization of statistical forecasting techniques to predict movements in market factors and use this information to develop meaningful scenarios and stress tests for scenario analysis and stress testing.
- Modelling of deposits for use in management of liquidity and interest rate risk in the banking book and Basel III implementation.
- Development of criteria for allocating market risk-based economic capital to business and trading units
- Providing support and training the junior market risk analysts across the Group.
- Profit & loss attribution analysis, price verification and liaison with Finance and Treasury on P&L reconciliation of reported results.
- Support the MTM process by ensuring that the MTM sources are updated and reflective of market rates/prices.
- Establish and maintain control framework to ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures, BASEL requirements, Codes, and applicable external laws and regulations.
- Contribute towards development of the Group’s strategic risk management capability and risk/return assessments and benchmarks.
- Degree from a University recognized by CUE preferably in Economics, Finance, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a relevant field. MBA degree will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification in ACI, PRM, FRM, CRA.
- Minimum of 5 years’ management experience in a Treasury Unit role of a Bank or Market Risk.
- Comprehensive understanding of Treasury products.
- Some understanding and command of SQL programming language or prior experience with database management especially oracle or SQL Servers.
- Leadership competencies in Operational Decision making and Strategic Planning
- Good management skills including organizational, presentation & communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- Should have high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network
- Analytical skills and excellent flair for numbers. Be open-minded and have the ability to identify alternative solutions.
- Demonstrated high integrity and team spirit.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 25th June 2021.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful in an interview, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable