Manager; Logistics And Inventory Management Assurance
Manager; Logistics And Inventory Management Assurance 1 PositionSafaricom Plc
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in DigiFarm Kenya Ltd. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Specialist Services Lead, the role involves leveraging skills and capacity across aggregation, logistics and quality assurance in optimizing DigiFarm’s investment in stock to meet business objectives by developing, maintaining and enforcement of appropriate policies, procedure and process to ensure accuracy of stock data in ERP systems, implementing efficient warehouse procedures, and driving supplier delivery performance whilst ensuring optimal costs.
- Develop and maintain freight mode guidelines to achieve the business service and cost objectives; manage third party logistics providers to meet service levels, and manage supplier delivery performance.
- Develop and maintain guidelines for transport models, and monitor and enforce adherence.
- Manage supplier performance for delivery of DigiFarm orders
- Manage customs relations to ensure full compliance and preservation of DigiFarm’s authorized economic operator (AEO) status
- Define, implement and maintain policies, standards and processes for inventory management to guide optimal investment in inventory to meet business objectives. Drive through
- Inventory policies
- Monthly compliance reports for all stock from all the locations
- Business reports to enforce relevant actions
- Define and implement adequate systems and processes for inventory management to ensure business objectives are met whilst managing operational risk
- Monitor stock ageing and control for compliance with policies
- Manage stock pilferage, and obsolescence risks
- Manage disposals
- Define and implement high standards for warehouse management in line with company’s objectives
- Define implement and maintain procedures for enforcement of company heath & safety standards
- Drive service specifications and standards for 3PLs to meet the company’s business objectives and H&S requirements
- Participate in negotiations for contracted logistics
- Manage SLAs for the 3PL service providers to ensure high levels of efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Manage team to realize their work objectives and career goals
- Reviews work performance of staff in the department including their development and training, deployment, appraisal etc. in line with company policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply chain, Business or Agri-Technology Field or similar education qualification
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management is a highly added advantage
- At least 6 years relevant experience in a similar or strongly similar role
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Highly performance and Results oriented with attention to detail and good organizational, planning, report writing and presentation skills.
- Proactive, confident, energetic with the ability to work under pressure, to tight schedules/deadlines and monitor and follow up on all actions taken.
- A proven team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong awareness of market trends, competitive impacts and market opportunities