Manager Credit Relationships
Manager Credit Relationships 1 PositionOld Mutual Group
Old Mutual Kenya is based in Nairobi and is part of a larger group that offers solutions in long-term savings, asset management, and investment. We offer solutions to individuals and corporates underpinned by our core values which are: Respect, Integrity, Accountability and Pushing beyond boundaries.
Working closely with the Head of Credit, he/she will ensure all retail loan applications are verified with the employers to confirm the authenticity and ability, retail MOU reviews, relationship and PAR management.
- Business related degree
- 4 years' experience in credit analysis in a Retail Lending environment, debt collection and recovery
- Knowledge of alternative credit appraisal mechanisms and substitute securities like chattels mortgages, guarantors, stock, livestock etc
- Knowledge in accountancy will be an added advantage
- Sales and relationship management qualifications
- Corporate relationship management experience
- Passion and experience in dealing with low income communities
- Capacity and willingness to work for long hours and within strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a good team player
- High degree of confidentiality and honesty
- Analytical mind
- Knowledgeable on the financial services sector
- Assertive, proactive and fast in decision making
- Creative, innovative and highly organized
- Physically fit and versatile and able to work on a computer for long hours
KEY MEASURABLE GOALS
- Management of credit risks on retail loans through verification with the employers to confirm the authenticity and ability
- Adherence to internal credit policies and loan administration procedures
- Ensure that the PAR of the Retail Portfolio is within the target
- Relationship management of the designated portfolio
- Ensure high turnaround time (TAT) for all retail proposals at the employers
- Ensuring all retail employer relationships are maintained for the prompt receipt of loan payments
- Ensure all retail loan applications are verified with the employers to confirm authenticity and ability.
- Ensure that deduction data advice forms are submitted to the relevant employers and that all loans are fully recovered in order to maintain a quality portfolio.
- Ensure that payment schedules are collected from relevant employers in time to facilitate loan recovery for all disbursed loans.
- Ensure that reconciliation of payments received and the expected installments are up to date for all retail loans.
- Ensure that all posting schedules for payments have been received and handed over to Credit MIS for processing.
- Ensure that all retail relations are well maintained for smooth process flow.
- Review all existing retail relationships and making recommendations to the management to aid quality retail lending.
- Follow up with the branches to ensure the fulfillment of ALL Retail MOU sanction conditions and other covenants prior to disbursement of the facilities.
- Recommend policy reviews for customer service and risk management improvement based on experiences and industry trends.
- Ensure that the quality of the retail loan books is maintained within set targets.
- Prepare periodic reports on the performance of the retail loan book.
- Ensure the team cohesively works to deliver expected objectives.
- Do any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.