Machinist 1 PositionKenya Defence Forces
The Kenya Defence Forces are the armed forces of the Republic of Kenya. The Kenya Army, Kenya Navy, and Kenya Air Force comprise the national Defence Forces. The current Kenya Defence Forces were established, and its composition laid out, in Article 241 of the 2010 Constitution of Kenya; the KDF is governed by the Kenya Defence Forces Act of 2012.
CSG 15 – (Advert 8/2020)
House Allowance: Depending on the area of deployment
Commuter Allowance: Ksh 3,000
Leave Allowance: (Once yearly) Ksh 4,000
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable.
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre and the officer will work under the supervision and guidance of a senior officer. Duties entail:
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments.
- fabricate, modify, or repair mechanical instruments
- fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines
- applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures
For an appointment to this grade, the candidate must have: –
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade ‘D’ plain or it's equivalent from a recognized institution; and
- Artisan National Trade Test Certificate Grade III/apprentice Certificate award by the National Industrial Training Authority or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.