Lucrative Opportunity At Alight. Apply Now!!
Lucrative Opportunity At Alight. Apply Now!! 1 PositionEmploi Recruitment
VACANCY – HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER
ALIGHT (formerly American Refugee Committee) works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to refugees, displaced people, and host communities – to better survive conflicts and crisis, and to rebuild lives of dignity, health, security, and self-sufficiency. ALIGHT presently works in and with partners in seventeen countries globally. ALIGHT has consistently operated in Rwanda since the year 1994, and today has a strong and committed team of over eight hundred personnel who include full-time staff, community mobilizers, and incentive workers– implementing programs in Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV, and Nutrition; also Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Shelter and general Infrastructure, Livelihoods/Economic strengthening, and Sexual and Gender-Based Violence Prevention/ Protection. Our work in Rwanda currently covers all the refugee locations and their kind Rwandan-host communities. And we are always looking to expand and, jointly with our partners, offer lasting impact with and for the communities we serve! ALIGHT is looking for a qualified, self-driven, and committed individual to join its team as Human Resource Officer.
The Human Resources Officer is a key member of the HR & Administration team, responsible for providing support for Employee-related operations, which include filling, staffing, Employee Orientation, leave planning, medical Insurance scheme Management, also with a crucial task to comply with Labor low and policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ensure that local staff HR files and personal information are always updated and complete;
- Facilitate planning and delivery of effective orientation for new staff, Interns and short term hires;
- Assist in staff’s leave planning and leave reconciliation on a monthly basis;
- Preparation and distribute staff payslips on a monthly basis.
- In charge of issuing and managing staff identity cards;
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in the interview process when needed;
- Ensuring backgrounds and reference checks for new or change of status staff are completed;
- Assisting in the orientation of new employees (work station, computer, emails, introduction around the office);
- Maintaining current HR files and databases;
- Prepare Perdiems for staff who are traveling on the mission and all necessary HR department PRFs.
- Medical Insurance scheme management ( Prepare the staff medical insurance prepayment schedule on a monthly basis and also Provide medical insurance cards for all national staff and inform insurance company when staff leave the organization, etc…);
- Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained;
- Represent the assigned project and other responsibilities, as well as ALIGHT, in relevant coordination and planning meetings at the various sites and Kigali, and with diverse stakeholders;
- Coordinate and manage the external and internal correspondences from Human Resource Department;
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or directly related field;
- At least four years’ direct HR working experience;
- Proven work experience as an HR Officer or similar role and capacity in the like-minded agency;
- Strong background in Finance and Administration is an added advantage;
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, including effective presentation and facilitation skills;
- Proven track record of working with INGO auditors as far as HR Audit requirements are done;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Conversance with an application of Rwanda labor law;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details;
- Able to deliver on time/Meet STRICT DEADLINES and willingness to work in a busy environment;
- Willingness to learn and adaptive with a very good attitude towards work and others.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and standard applications required.
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES:
- Commitment to personally champion ALIGHT’s program vision and mission and inspire others to do the same;
- Strong intercultural skills, diplomatic skills; excellent strategic thinking, and strong ability to manage staff, to resolve conflicts, and build relations with diverse stakeholders;
- High level of flexibility and tolerance to ambiguity;
- Collaborative, results-oriented team member and to adapt to situations as required due to changes on the ground;
- Capacity to work independently in a fast-paced environment and deliver results within tight deadlines;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality;
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and innovation;
- Capacity to think ahead and highlight areas of risk and concern;
Increase your chances of landing this job and be among the shortlisted by requesting for free CV review. Request at https://bit.ly/2NyNoit